Confidential help is available to Las Positas College students who need assistance with personal issues including, but not limited to, dependency on alcohol or other drugs, eating disorders, emotional stress, depression, or relationships in crisis.
- Psychology-Counseling courses to support students’ personal growth and development.
- LPC Counseling Office:
- Short-term personal counseling by appointment or drop-in for critical incidents.
- Referrals to local therapists for on-going personal counseling.
- LPC Health Center: Meet with a marriage and family therapist (MFT) and/or MFT intern.
- Links to Tri-Valley Community Resources and Services
- Tri-Valley Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. The NAMI website includes information on:
- Alameda County mental health support groups
- Local resources and events calendar
- Message boards on mental health topics
- Recommended books
- MEDICAL RESOURCES:
- The ValleyCare Mobile Health Unit is an available resource for those living in Alameda County. The services include: vaccines, illness, well checks for both adults and children.
- Alameda County Primary Care
- San Joaquin County Primary Care
- Contra Costa Primary Care