Student Learning Outcomes Committee
The Student Learning Outcomes Committee is comprised of faculty, staff, and administrators, drawn from a variety of campus divisions. Several committee members have specific roles. View their roles.
To elicit board perspectives and advice regarding learning goals for all Las Positas students, faculty, administrators, and staff. This group provides an advisory linkage to the Academic Senate on matters pertaining to the College’s immediate and long range plans to integrate student learning outcomes and assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels. With the advice and consent of the Academic Senate, this group reviews core competencies for LPC students and develops strategies and timelines for incorporating and coordinating these competencies into learning outcomes inherent in courses and programs. The Student Learning Outcomes group works with the Curriculum Committee, Program Review, and Staff Development, establishing policies and procedures concerning the institutionalization of SLOs and assessment at LPC, which will be brought to the Senate for review and approval. In addition to providing support and materials needed for the development of SLOs and assessment, this group also coordinates, collects, and archives assessment activities in all sectors and organizes campus dialogue process concerning student learning outcomes and assessment.
meets the first and third Mondays of each month, from 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 2411A.
2015-16 committee members
- 2 Faculty representatives from each Division
- ALSS: Catherine Eagan, Martin Nash
- STEMPS: Ann Hight, Adeliza Flores
- BSBA: John Ruys (chair), Gina Webster
- 1 Faculty representative from Student Services: Kimberly Tomlinson
- Vice President, Academic Services: Roanna Bennie
- Division Dean: Don Miller
- Institutional Research and Planning: Rajinder Samra
- Classified: Scott Vigallon
- Student representative: TBD
All documents below are in the PDF format.
- August 31