Jumpstart a career
Internships enable students to apply their education in a work environment. Students work in positions related to their field of study while employers provide them with real life experiences. Internships help students make informed career choices and gain marketable skills. They provide employers with educated, motivated workers.
- Gain real-world work experience.
- Explore career opportunities.
- Build your resume.
- Gain access to networking and mentoring.
- Improve relevant job performance skills.
- Enhance self-confidence.
- Earn college credit while you work.
- Work closely with faculty in your area of interest.
- Earn wages in your field of interest in a paid internship, or gain experience in an unpaid internship.
- Gain access to trained students with specific skill sets.
- Build a potential employee pool.
- Inform academic partners of workplace expectations.
- Build relationships with faculty who teach in your field.
- Get flexibility of short-term employees.
- Obtain project assistance.
- Invest in your community and future workforce.
What Students Are Saying
"I feel more confident after completing my internship. Plus, I know that having job references and real work experience listed on my resume will help me find a position in this competitive job market."
Enroll in the co-requisites INTN 1 one-unit seminar and INTN 2 variable-unit field placement. Prerequisite: Successful completion with a C or better of 5 to 15 units (varies by discipline) in a major field.