New, First Time in College Students
All new, first time college students need to complete the English/Math assessments, online orientation and Student Education Plan (SEP). Once you have completed these three core services, you will be eligible for priority registration for the following term.
Please complete all the following steps before attending an English/Math, Chemistry or ESL assessment session:
- Apply to Las Positas College if you have not already done so.
- Complete the Online Orientation.
- Review the Study Guides and prepare for your assessment. This is very important as you will not be allowed to re-test for 6 months after taking the English/Math assessment and one year for the ESL Assessment.
- Choose an Assessment session that is convenient for you from the Assessment Schedule*. (PDF Flyer)
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the session, bring a valid photo ID and your student ID "W" number.
- You will be scheduled for a Program Planning session to complete you Student Education Plan (SEP) after your testing session.
See Assessment Policies for more information or call (925) 424-1475.
*The Assessment Schedule is planned well in advance and is subject to change due to staffing or other unforseen issues. Please check the website for the most updated information or call (925) 424-1475.