Students registering for English and Math courses for Fall 2019 can use high school
GPA and course grades for placement into transfer level courses. See the Guided Self-Placement flyer for details.
Students now have more options to register for transfer-level English and Math courses in their first year.
New and current students can activate their placements through their CLASS-Web account.
(Comming in April)
Students taking English and Math courses in Summer 2019 will follow the Assessment Procedures below:
- Students will be placed in the testing sessions on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No appointments are needed.
- Students arriving after the start of testing will be seated as space becomes available.
- The English assessment will take approximately 1.5 hours.
- The Math assessment will take approximately 1.0 hour.
- The Chemistry assessment will take approximately 45 minutes.
- The English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment will take approximately 2.0 hours.
- The Spanish and French assessments will take approximately 1.0 hour.
- Please plan accordingly and allow at least 2 hours for testing.
- Students will not be seated 1 hour prior to the end of the session.
Use the study guides for preparation prior to testing.
*** Students must have a photo ID and "W" ID number to test***
The Las Positas College Assessment Center provides English, Math, English as a Second Language and Chemistry, French and Spanish placement exams for Las Positas College students only. Due to our space limitations, we are not able to provide assessment testing for students who attend or plan to attend another institution. We also are not able to proctor exams for students taking courses with other institutions. If you would like a protor referral, please call 925-424-1475.