- Business Studies Home
- Getting Started
- The Program
- Advisory Board
- Gainful Employment
Certificate of Achievement Retail Management
- Demonstrate the integration of basic management theories into supervisory and management functions.
- List current problems related to human behavior in organizations and detail management practices effective in managing those issues.
- Differentiate threshold issues involved in legal, ethical, and social responsibilities of management. Identify key business procedures relevant to a specific prob¬lem using appropriate technology.
- Integrate basic management theories into supervisor and management functions.
- Summarize measures that can be taken by individuals and organizations to correct organizational dysfunctions.
- Determine the demand for products and services offered by a firm and identify potential customers.
- List resources and strategies for monitoring trends which help identify the need for new products and services.
|BUSN 55 (Business Mathematics)||3 units|
|BUSN 52 Business Communications or||3 units|
|SPCH 10 (Interpersonal Communication)||3 units|
|CIS 50 (Intro to Computing and Information Technology) or||3 units|
|Three (3) units of Computer Application courses such as Word, Excel, etc||3 units|
|BUSN 53 (Business Correspondence) or||3 units|
|ENG 1A (Critical Reading and Composition)||3 units|
|BUSN 56 (Introduction to Management)||3 units|
|BUSN 51A General Accounting I or||3 units|
|BUSN 1A Financial Accounting||4 units|
|MKTG 50 (Introduction to Marketing)||3 units|
|MKTG 60 (Retail Store Management)||3 units|
|BUSN 48 (Human Relations in the Workplace)||3 units|
|BUSN 88 (Human Resources Management)||3 units|
|Total Units Required||30-31 units|
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Las Positas Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program.