Degrees & Certificates
- Automotive Technology Home
- Getting Started
- Guided Pathway
- Automotive Degrees and Certificates
- Automotive Classes
- Our Faculty
- Subaru Tuition & Tool Reimbursement
- Test Your Knowledge!
- Automotive Articulation
- The Job Market
- Where Our Students Work
- Career Exploration
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
- Women in Automotive Technology
- Transfer and Transfer Opportunities
- Smog Referee
- Industry Credentials
- Service Information
- Social Media
- Industry Links
- Career Education
- Student Handbook
- Automotive Program FAQ's
- View this Site in Spanish
Automotive Alternative Fuels/Hybrid Technology
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
Automotive technicians are in high demand in California and throughout the U.S., but there is a lack of trained professionals to meet this demand. This shortage of well-trained technicians has been caused by advances in computerized engine controls, evolving emissions regulations, and development of alternative technologies driven by the ever-escalating cost of fuel. The Las Positas College Automotive Technology program can provide the skills necessary to qualify as trained entry-level technicians, as well as for career advancement. Students work side by side and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
About the Certificate
The Automotive Alternative Fuels/Hybrid Technology Certificate of Achievement will provide the skills necessary for students to qualify as trained entry-level technicians, as well as for career advancement. This program concentrates on Hybrid technologies which will allow students to gain employment with manufacturers. The current climate in the automotive industry has a focus on Hybrid training and this program will give our students a leg up on the competition Students work side-by-side and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
Career opportunities include Teaching, Automotive Technician, Automotive Parts Personnel, Automotive Management, Shop Owners, and Automotive Performance Personnel
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Automotive Alternative Fuels/Hybrid Technology, students are able to diagnose alternative fuel systems.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Automotive Alternative Fuels/Hybrid Technology, students are able to perform high voltage disable procedures.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Automotive Alternative Fuels/Hybrid Technology, students are able to apply safety procedures relating to alternative fuels and high voltage.
|AUTO LABA Automotive Lab||2|
|AUTO A1 Engine Repair||4|
|AUTO A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle||4|
|AUTO A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems||5|
|AUTO A8 Engine Performance||5|
|AUTO L3 Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicles||4|
|AUTO INTR Automotive Service and Introduction||4|
|AUTO INTL Automotive Service and Introduction Hands-On Lab and||2|
|AUTO INTZ Automotive Service and Introduction Lecture||2|
Updated: July 2022