Degrees & Certificates
- Automotive Technology Home
- Getting Started
- Guided Pathway
- Automotive Degrees and Certificates
- Automotive Classes
- Our Faculty
- Subaru Tuition & Tool Reimbursement
- Test Your Knowledge!
- Automotive Articulation
- The Job Market
- Where Our Students Work
- Career Exploration
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
- Women in Automotive Technology
- Transfer and Transfer Opportunities
- Smog Referee
- Industry Credentials
- Service Information
- Social Media
- Industry Links
- Career Education
- Student Handbook
- Automotive Program FAQ's
- View this Site in Spanish
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
Automotive technicians are in high demand in California and throughout the U.S., but there is a lack of trained professionals to meet this demand. This shortage of well-trained technicians has been caused by advances in computerized engine controls, evolving emissions regulations, and development of alternative technologies driven by the ever-escalating cost of fuel. The Las Positas College Automotive Technology program can provide the skills necessary to qualify as trained entry-level technicians, as well as for career advancement. Students work side by side and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
About the Certificate
The Automotive Mechanical Certificate of Achievement can provide the skills necessary for students to qualify as trained entry-level technicians, as well as for career advancement. This program focuses on the mechanical side of the automobile. Students who would like to gain employment at aftermarket shops could take this program and excel in a shop that services many types of vehicles from multiple manufacturers. Students work side-by-side and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
Career opportunities include Teaching, Automotive Technician, Automotive Parts Personnel,
Automotive Management, Shop
Owners, and Automotive Performance Personnel
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Automotive Mechanical, students are able to diagnose engine mechanical issues.
- Upon completion of the Certifi cate of Achievement in Automotive Mechanical, students are able to measure engine components and compare to specifications.
- Upon completion of the Certifi cate of Achievement in Automotive Mechanical, students
are able to tear down, inspect and reassemble engines.
|AUTO LABA Automotive Lab||2|
|AUTO A1 Engine Repair||4|
|AUTO A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle||4|
|AUTO A3 Manual Drive Train and Axles||4|
|AUTO A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems||5|
|AUTO INTR Automotive Service and Introduction||4|
|AUTO INTL Automotive Service and Introduction Hands-On Lab and||2|
|AUTO INTZ Automotive Service and Introduction Lecture||2|
Updated: July 2022