- Las Positas College
- Degrees & Certificates
- Degrees & Certificates
- Supervisory Management Certificate of Achievement
Degrees & Certificates
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
The Las Positas College Business Studies Program is designed to provide students with a broad understanding of business concepts and functions used in a wide range of careers. There are many areas of specialization available that fit current and projected needs of the ever-changing business environment. It is important that students work closely with business faculty and counselors to determine which degrees or certificates best support their individual career and/or transfer goals. Students may pursue programs to prepare for work, upgrade skills, or transfer to a four-year college or university.
About the Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management is designed to provide the training and skills necessary to effectively manage diverse groups and individuals. The certificate aims to help individuals, managers, and supervisors develop skills to achieve organizational objectives through the development of human resources management skills. Developing abilities in the areas of mobilization, organization, communication, evaluation and adaptation will be a focus.
An expanding global marketplace means that individuals have growing career options in which to utilize the knowledge and skills learned when studying supervision to work in any field, for a for profit or not for profit entity, in any size or type of organization including large multinational companies either within the United States or internationally.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management, students are able to analyze basic business documents to detect problems within an area of supervision.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management, students are able to demonstrate effective strategies for team work, planning, organizing, leading, and controlling human resources.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management, students are able to identify appropriate information compilation, reporting, storage and retrieval systems for common business situations.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Supervisory Management, students
are able to list the primary responsibilities of a supervisor in business today.
|BUSN 30 Business Ethics and Society||3|
|BUSN 48 Human Relations in Organizations||3|
|BUSN 52 Business Communications||3|
|BUSN 56 Introduction to Management||3|
|BUSN 87 Organizational Management and Leadership||3|
|BUSN 88 Human Resources Management||3|
|BUSN 1A Financial Accounting||4|
|BUSN 18 Business Law||4|
|BUSN 40 Introduction to Business||3|
|BUSN 51 Accounting for Small Businesses||3|
|BUSN 58 Small Business Management||3|
|BUSN 86 Management Strategies & Dilemmas||3|
|CIS 55 Integrating Office Applications||4|
|MKTG 50 Introduction to Marketing||3|
|WRKX 94 Occupational Work Experience/Internship||3-6|
|WRKX 95 General Work Experience||3-6|
Updated: July 2022