Degrees & Certificates
- Emergency Medical Services Home
- EMT Basic Program
- Paramedic Academy
- Academy Admission
- Paramedic Technical Standards
- Paramedic Program Sequence
- A.S. Degree EMT - Paramedic
- EMT - Paramedic Certificate
- Emergency Medical Responder Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technologies Certificate
- Job Market
- Industry Credentials
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Transfer Opportunities
- Career & Technical Education
- Advisory Board
Emergency Medical Responder
Certificate of Accomplishment §
§ This certificate is not transcripted. This group of courses provides industry-based professional development. Individual courses will appear on transcript. See a counselor for further information.
About the Program
The Emergency Medical Services program prepares students to achieve certification and licensure to enter into EMS career paths. Students begin their training by completing the first career related courses within the program – EMS 30 Emergency Medical Responder, and EMS 20 Emergency Medical Technician with certification as an “EMT” through the California State EMS Authority. The program also includes curriculum necessary to prepare students to become a Nationally Registered Paramedic (NRP). Students, upon successful completion of the Las Positas College Paramedic Training Program, including the didactic, clinical, and field internship components, will be eligible to sit for the licensing examination as a Paramedic with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), and successful students will be eligible for licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) in the state of California.
About the Certificate
The Certificate of Accomplishment in Emergency Medical Responder is designed to prepare the student for a job such as firefighter, lifeguard and police officer.
Possible jobs for this certificate include firefi ghter, lifeguard, police officer, and ski patrol member.
- Upon completion of the Certifi cate of Accomplishment in Emergency Medical Responder,
students are able to competent
as an entry-level Emergency Medical Responder in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with exit points at the Emergency Medical Responder levels and certifi ed to provide Basic Life Support
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Emergency Medical Responder,
students are able to prepared
to become an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) through registration with the National Registry of EMT's.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Emergency Medical Responder, students are able to competent and prepared for employment as a Lifeguard, Police Officer, and/or Search and Rescue Squad member.
|EMS 30 Emergency Medical Responder||3|
|EMS 70 CPR for Health Care Providers||0.5|
Updated: July 2022