- Las Positas College
- Degrees & Certificates
- Degrees & Certificates
- Certificate of Achievement - Print Design
Degrees & Certificates
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
The Graphic Design & Digital Media program teaches students to apply graphic design and digital media principles to create effective communication pieces through the use of color, type, and imagery. Students learn the principles of design and composition, typography, digital image manipulation, print and web page layout, and an array of technical skills using Adobe’s Creative Suite—Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. In the web program, students will also learn to use Dreamweaver to work with HTML and CSS. Students will not only work with the latest digital tools for creating captivating images and graphics, but will also learn how to effectively use the concepts and principles of design using colors, typography, and composition in developing their work. In both the AA and certificate program, students learn production techniques and produce client-based work for print, web and multimedia. Upon completion of the program, students will have prepared a professional-level portfolio and be ready to go out into the workforce. Degree graduates often transfer to a four-year college.
About the Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Print Design is designed to prepare the students for work in the graphic design profession with an emphasis on print and prepress experience. The certificate gives students the knowledge and experience to enter the graphic design profession as a member of an advertising agency, creative services team, design studio, in-house design team, prepress shop, or print shop.
Prepress Technician; Press operator; Print Designer; Graphic Artist; Production Artist; Graphic Designer; Visual Designer; Senior Designer; Web Designer; Freelance Designer; Art Director; Creative Director; Creative Services Manager.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Print Design, students are able to apply principles of design to effectively conceptualize, create and deliver design solutions for the intended audience.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Print Design, students are able to critically evaluate quality and effectiveness of design projects, present one’s work effectively, and incorporate critique and feedback into design iterations.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Print Design, students are able to describe the history and application of design and how color, type, and other design elements are used as effective communications tools.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Print Design, students are able
to use industry-standard software with technical proficiency and create documents
to required specifications for delivery to clients.
|GDDM 51 Color Theory or|
|ARTS 26 Color Theory||3|
|GDDM 52 Introduction to Typography||3|
|GDDM 53 Photoshop I||3|
|GDDM 54 Illustrator I||3|
|GDDM 56 Introduction to Graphic Design||3|
|GDDM 59 Illustrator II||3|
|GDDM 60 Creative Portfolio Development & Self Promotion||3|
|GDDM 64 InDesign I||3|
|GDDM 65 Elect Prepress/Print Prod||3|
|GDDM 3 The History of Modern Design||3|
|GDDM 40 Design Shop: The Business of Design||3|
|GDDM 57 Branding and Identity Design||3|
|GDDM 58 Photoshop II||3|
|GDDM 67 InDesign II||3|
|GDDM 68 Creative Portfolio Preparation||3|
Updated: July 2022