Entering Data as a Coordinator
Although it's recommended that instructors enter their own assessment data into eLumen, Coordinators can do it for them. The drawback is that if you are entering data for, say, two sections of a course that has three sections, you won't be able to tell later which sections you entered that data for (unless you have a good memory or wrote it down somewhere).
You also will not be able to enter section improvement plans; you can enter improvement plans at the course level, though. Instructors can still enter section improvement plans, but it's not so straightforward. Learn how they can do this.
If none of the drawbacks above matter, here are the instructions:
- Click the Program Coordinator tab.
- Click View Courses, then the course for which you want to enter results.
- Click Aggregate scores, then choose the term. If the assessment you want to use is not listed, click Find an Asmt to add to this list.
- Click Import next to the chosen assessment.
- Click Add Scores.
- Enter your scores. Click Save.
- Click Course Analysis. Fill in the boxes. Click Save.
If the drawbacks above do matter, you will have to contact the eLumen administrator and ask to be enrolled in the other instructors’ sections. At that point, you can enter scores and section improvement plans just like the instructor of the course.
If you enter assessment data for instructors, but still want them to enter their section improvement plans, tell the instructors to do the following:
- Access the course, choose the term and section.
- Click Consider Recommended Assessments.
- Check the box in front of the desired assessment, and click Apply.
- Click Score Students (or Declare Scores). DO NOT enter any scores, just click Save and Enter Analysis.
- Enter your recommendations, and click Save.