Role of Club Members
Club and Member Privileges
- Able to recruit enrolled Las Positas College students.
- Able to hold meetings and other events on- or off-campus.
- Able to use college facilities and equipment.
- Provided a secured college mail pouch where mail and disbursements can be placed.
- Able to seek use of Club monies as long as the Club has an “active” status with ICC.
- Included in the Student Club Listing available on the college web site and within Student Services.
- Able to use college resources to advertise Club activities.
Club and Member Responsibilities
- Actively participate in InterClub Council (ICC) being conscious of your leadership role.
- Complete training of at least one club member on college procedures, including activities and events, accounting practices, and scholarships.
- Plan meetings and activities that represent the Club and are productive or effective.
- Adhere to District and/or College Accounting Practices and be responsible for dissemination of Club funds. In addition, maintain and oversee Club records.
- Report all officer changes to ICC and Student Services within ten (10) days of such changes.
- Have membership open to all currently enrolled LPC students.
- Be aware of LPC Student Code of Conduct and that no hazing is allowed.
- Not interfere or disrupt orderly conduct of college business.
- Remember that you are a student first!
Club and Member Responsibilities to the Club Advisor(s)
The Club Advisor is recognized as an integral part of the Club. The Club Advisor is volunteering to be a resource person and has committed to taking on additional work to facilitate achievement of the Club. As such, please operate under the following guidelines:
- The Club President should set a regular time to meet with the Club Advisor to discuss the affairs and concerns of the Club. Seek the opinion and advice of the Club Advisor when problems arise in order to make use of his/her background and experience with the Club and LPC. The Club Advisor will guide Clubs in using their best judgment in planning meetings and events or making decisions on use of Club funds.
- Plan meetings and functions at a time and place so that the Club Advisor is able to attend. Check all dates with the Club Advisor, ICC Chairperson, and the Director of Student Life before scheduling meetings or activities. Keep the Club Advisor fully informed in a timely manner of all programs and activities of the Club.
- The Club budget and all expenditures must be approved by the Club Advisor. In addition, any necessary Club expenses incurred by the Club Advisor should be paid for by the Club.
- Proper social procedures, courtesies, and consideration should be extended to the Club Advisor at all Club meetings and functions. Show appreciation for the time and assistance that the Club Advisor spends regarding the Club. The majority of the time that Club Advisors spend on Club concerns and activities is their own time.
- Obtain approval by the Club Advisor for all documents produced by the Club prior to circulation or posting.