Veterans First Mission & Goals
THE LAS POSITAS VETERANS FIRST OFFICE provides support services to those who have served, currently serving in the armed forces, and also dependents and spouse of Veterans. We are primarily responsible for administration of veterans educational benefits programs. In addition, we provide other resources and contacts, such as career planning, financial aid, transition counseling services, and other needed services for our returning Veterans. We encourage Veterans attending LPC to contact our office in person, by phone, or by e-mail with any questions you may have pertaining to your education, or any of your VA Educational Benefits. We can and will assist you with the application and certification of your VA benefits at Las Positas College. Our goal is to provide you the Veteran with services and resources that will help you achieve your educational goals.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Assist you with a successful transition from Military to College.
- Provide clear and adequate information regarding the GI-Bill benefits process
- Ensure required documentation and certifications of benefits are
processed in a timely manner.
- Inform you about all benefits and resources available
- Build a partnership between LPC Veterans First Program, Community Veteran Organizations and Services, and you
- Educate the college and community about the need for resources and assistance for you transitioning from military to college
VARIOUS BENEFITS and ASSISTANCE WE PROVIDE:
- Veterans Resource Center ;
- Priority registration for ALL Veterans;
- GI Bill Application and Certification of GI Benefits;
- Various scholarships such as LPC Veterans First Scholarships;
- Operation Gateway: A Veteran’s Transition to Success;
- Las Positas College Veterans Book Program;
- Veterans Resource Center – A place to relax, study, or hang out with other Veterans;
- Veteran Mentorship Program;
- Job Links: Links and network of full time and part time jobs;
- Student positions on campus through both federal and VA Workstudy programs;
- Connection with the Las Positas College Student Veterans Organization;
- California State Fee Waiver program for spouses and dependents of Veterans
- Arranging a consultation with an academic counselor who will help you develop an individual education plan;
- Information about financial aid and how to apply for financial aid;
- Disability accommodations information as needed;
- Connection with VA Health Centers and Services;
- On-campus events and workshops
LPC Veterans First Coordinator: Todd Steffan
Our Motto: Veterans First, Saluting those Who Served
Veterans Intake Questionnaire
We need your feedback to help us to further develop services and programs
for Veterans. This information will be kept confidential. It will only take a few minutes...