Priority Registration for Veterans
REGISTER FOR SUMMER/FALL 2017,
GET YOUR CLASSES FIRST!
PRIORITY REGISTRATION FOR
LAS POSITAS COLLEGE VETERANS, RESERVISTS, CURRENTLY ACTIVE
APRIL 18th, 2017
Veterans receiving federal educational benefits (Chapter 30, 31, 33, and 1606, 1607) regardless of discharge date.
Students under any of the above chapters do not need to self-report as you will automatically receive priority registration. The priority will last the entire period student is drawing benefits.
- Veterans that have self-identified to the LPC Veteran office and provided a copy of dd214.
- Active Duty members that have self-identified and provided copies of military orders to the Veteran Service Center.
The California Community Colleges Board of Governors approved changes that will establish system-wide enrollment priorities designed to ensure classes are available for students seeking job training, degree attainment or transfer and to provide incentives to students who make progress toward their educational goals. These changes will impact priority registration for Fall 2014 - on. (not including units in basic English, Math or English as a Second Language) will now have priority over students who do not meet the criteria.
Students who are active-duty military, veterans, and/or reservists will continue to have priority registration if they meet and complete the following requirements.
- DD214 or Military Orders turned into the LPC Veterans Office
- LPC College Orientation completed (online)
- Assessment completed or override for English and Math was done by counseling
- Student Educational Plan completed (abbreviated will count)
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
- Not exceeded 100 units by January 2017
- Complete at least 50% of classes registered for
The regulations were unanimously approved by California Community Colleges Board of Governors and implemented for fall 2014. We highly encourage students on academic progress probation and those nearing 100 units to seek guidance from a counselor to carefully plan their remaining courses.
Click here for more info.
Registration Dates for SUMMER/FALL 2017 for Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists that have not completed any of the 3 Core services, but did turn-in a dd214 or copy of orders to the Veterans Office, is May 10th, 2017.
*NOTE: You must request priority registration at the Veteran Enrollment Center at least one month prior to registration for the next academic term. This policy pertains to all veterans, active duty servicemembers, reservists, and the National Guard, being that they meet the above conditions. Veteran dependents do not fall under this policy.
Priority Registration at Las Positas College for Veterans. Must have an honorable discharge and show proof - such as via. DD214. Keep an eye on Class Web for your Priority Registration Date.