Student Centered Syllabi Support Resources
Student Resource Guide
Do you have questions about available on campus resources, how to pay for parking, how to meet with a counselor, or anything else? Visit the Student Resource Guide on the LPC website! We have lots of academic and holistic supports!
LPC Basic Needs Resources & Welcome Center
Visit our FREE LPC Mini-Market in Building 1600 Room 1643, exclusively for students, that offers fresh food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, diapers & wipes etc! Find more information on navigating additional school & community resources that have to do with housing, finances, and more on the Basic Needs website!
Student Success Teams
Do you need guidance or assistance with your academic pathway? Go to LPC's Academic & Career Pathways, find your pathway of interest, and get in contact with your very own student success team. They are there to answer any of your burning questions!
My Pathway Checklist
Are you interested in earning an Associate Degree, Certificate, Transfer, or have a short-term learning goal? Ever wonder what you could be doing outside of the classroom to make the most out of your college experience? Visit our Pathway Checklist of key milestone activities and support services for all students along your academic and career pathway!
Chill & Chat
Connect with other students and learn life skills, such as managing stress and overcoming life obstacles, in a supportive and safe place. Sessions are offered during the semester for students to receive and give support.
Las Positas College has compiled a list of resources for LGBTQ+ students here:
- LPC Campus provided LGBTQ+ Resources
- Community provided LGBTQ+ Resources
- Additionally, LGBTQ+ students may want to consider attending the LGBTQ+ Chill & Chat.
Making Your Chosen Name Visible on Canvas and on Rosters
- Students are entitled to use their chosen name on every College document, the only exception being their official transcript, which must bear their legal name. You do not need a court order, a doctor's note, or any documentation at all, in order to have your chosen name become the only name that any fellow student, or instructor, will ever see.
- Simply fill out the Student Information Change Form, indicating your chosen name. Ignore the red-ink statement that says "Proof required, such as government-issued ID, birth certificate, etc.;" this is only necessary if you want your official transcripts to bear your chosen name. Without legal documentation, you cannot change your last name. Only your first name can be changed, and your middle name can only be represented by a single initial. Without legal documentation, you cannot change your sex in the computer system. If and when you do acquire legal documentation, you can file the form again and have your full name and/or sex changed on all College documents.
Making Your Pronouns Visible on Canvas
- I encourage you to list your pronouns within Canvas. To do this, please follow the instructions at the following link: How do I select personal pronouns in my user account as a student?
Learning and Cultural Communities
Learn more about our Learning and Cultural Community groups and our resources centers, including the Black Cultural Resource Center, Puente (LatinX/Hispanic), Umoja, UndocuAlly and Engineering Tech!
Student Support Programs
We have many dedicated support programs to meet your Academic, Caree and Holistic needs. On our Student Support Programs' website, we have contanct information and details about programs such as:
- CalWorks and CARE for students currently receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash aid with coordinated student support services
- Career Center helps students select a major or educational goal that aligns with their professional interests. Students receive assistance with cover letters and resumes, learn interview techniques, and referrals to internships and employment opportunities through job fairs at the College.
- Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS) supports and encourages students with a disability to attain their educational goals.
- Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) assists low income and educationally disadvantaged students to achieve their educational and career goals.
- Student Health & Wellness Center provides medical, behavioral and mental health, and public health professionals to provide high quality integrated healthcare services that promote the physical and psychological well-being of students, treats minor health issues, help navigate the healthcare and insurance systems, and strives to empower students to have a healthy and successful academic experience at the College.
- Student Life Student Life provides the administrative support for the Las Positas College Student Government (LPCSG), the Inter-Club Council (ICC), and over 30 active student clubs and organizations. Student Life helps host events on-campus events and programs.
- Transfer Center assists students seeking to transfer to a four-year college or university. The College provides guarantee admission to various California State University (CSU) campuses, University of California (UC) campuses, and private in state and out-of-state private/ independent colleges to students who meet specific requirements.
- Veterans First Program provides support services to those who have served in the armed forces, those currently serving in the armed forces, and also dependents and spouses of Veterans. The Veterans First Program is primarily responsible for the administration of Veterans educational benefits and provides other resources and referrals, such as career planning, financial aid, transition counseling services, and other needed services for returning Veterans.