LPC Literary Arts Festival
Extra Credit Ideas for Lit Fest Attendance -- 2022
Instructors: Please provide these extra credit assignments to your students. We are particularly hoping to have a good turnout at the keynote address since it will be held in the main theater. Thank you for your support!
A. Attend Tamim Ansary's keynote address in the main theater, building 4000, 10 - 10:45 am. In a one-page reflection, answer one or more of the following questions:
- What is Mr. Ansary's claim about the relationship between memoir and history? What are the supporting ideas or examples he provides?
- How is your own life story connected to history? In what ways does Mr. Ansary's lecture provide a framework for connecting your story to history?
- What were your favorite moments of Mr. Ansary's lecture and why? How did his lecture reflect or change your own ideas about history?
B. Attend one of the workshops (Screenplay Outline, Memoir, Graphic Novel, Poetry Slam, Inclusive Characterization). Write one page on the following question: What did you learn about writing in this workshop and how can you apply those lessons to one of your own pieces?
C. Attend one of the panels (Writing about Wine and Food, A Ballad of Love and Glory, Race and The Graphic Novel, Rise: A Love Letter to and for Asian Americans) and write a one page reflection on one or more of the following questions:
- What were the central issues discussed and how did they affect your thinking about the subject matter?
- How did the topics of discussion connect with your own experiences?
- How did the panelists differ in their perspectives and why?