- Las Positas College
- Accreditation Glossary
ACCJC Standards Glossary
- Assessment - Methods that an institution employs to gather evidence and evaluate quality.
- Collegial - Participative and mutually respectful
- Dialogue - Self-reflective exchanges engaged in by the college community, characterized by a free exchange of ideas without the purpose of defending or deciding on a course of action.
- Evidence of Institution and Program Performance - Quantitative and qualitative data which an institution as a whole uses to determine the extent to which it attains the performance goals it establishes for itself.
- Information Competency - Capability to access, evaluate, and use information in fulfillment of coursework and independent study.
- Ongoing - Addressed regularly as part of the business of the college rather than in response to periodic external requirements.
- Qualitative Data - Data relating to, or involving quality or kind, which cannot be represented numerically, such as portfolios of work, narrative description and evaluation of a performance, learner description and analysis of a learning experience.
- Quantitative Data - Data which can be represented numerically
- Student Learning Outcomes - Knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitudes that a student has attained at the end (or as a result) of his or her engagement in a particular set of collegiate experiences.
- Total Cost of Ownership - In addition to the initial cost of a purchase, all long-term and indirect costs resulting from that purchase.
For more information please contact: