- Las Positas College
- Degrees & Certificates
- Degrees & Certificates
- Company Officer
Degrees & Certificates
- Fire Service Technology Home
- Fire Service Technology A.S. Degree
- Fire Officer Leadership and Management A.S. Degree
- LPC Regional Firefighter Academy
- California State Fire Training
- Accelerated Bachelors Degree for Firefighters
- Fire Service Technology Certificate
- Company Officer Certificate of Achievement
- Fire Academy - Fire Suppression Certificate
- Fire Prevention Certificate
- Industry Credentials
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
Las Positas College Fire Service Technology "“core” curriculum is aligned with the National FESHE (Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education) 2018 model Fire Service curriculum, in addition several course offerings provide entry level industry certificates from the Office of State Fire Marshal, State Fire Training Division.
The Associate of Science Degree program focuses on both the technical training and the general education course work required for a degree. This program will prepare completers to enter gainful employment in the fire industry the fire technology program provides educational courses that prepare students to enter the field of fire technology as a firefighter. The program supports working partnerships with county and city fire departments forming a regional training center.
Las Positas College Regional Fire Academy is an accredited Regional Training program (ARTP) as designated by the Office of the California State Fire Marshal (CSFM). As an ARTP, Las Positas College Regional Fire Academy is authorized to deliver a CSFM Accredited Fire Fighter I Academy and a full suite of CSFM courses leading advanced levels of certification. In addition, Las Positas College Regional Fire Academy is authorized by CSFM to deliver Fire Fighter I certification examinations in support of CSFM’s accreditation by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board).
The Las Positas College Regional Fire Academy is an accredited California State Fire Marshal program providing certificates from State Fire Training (SFT) and the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG). This program and other similar programs statewide are intended to provide an educated recruit base for Fire Departments in the state of California. This program is designed to meet the dynamic challenges of fire department needs for pre-service recruits in the 21st century and enabling students to successfully become employed by fire departments throughout the state of California and within the Alameda County Community College District's service area. Las Positas College Fire Academy graduates are employed in every Fire Department in Alameda County and many departments in California as well as out of state.
About the Certificate
The Company Officer Certificate of Achievement is designed for firefighters wishing to be promoted within their Fire Agencies to the rank of Lieutenant, Captain, and above. The Company Officer Certification utilizes NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications (2014) and NFPA 1051 Standard for Wildland Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2016) to provide the qualifications for State Fire Training’s Company Officer certification. Some of the courses have prerequisites that can be met in a number of ways, please contact the FST Program Coordinator for more information.
Company Officer Lieutenant - Captain of Fire Requirement to be promoted to Chief Officer or Fire Chief
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Company Officer, students are able to demonstrate the use of human resources to accomplish assignments of a company officer such as personnel professional evaluations and performance reviews.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Company Officer, students are able to identify the steps of certification in the Company Officer certification track.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Company Officer, students are able to identify conducting incident size-up, developing and implementing an initial plan of action involving single and multi-unit operations for various types of emergency incidents.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Company Officer, students are able to demonstrate how to implement a plan of action to deploy incident resources completing all operations to suppress a wild land fire incident.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Company Officer, students are
able to demonstrate the ability to teach and deliver instruction from a prepared lesson
plan utilizing instructional aids and evaluation instruments.
|FST 20 CO 2A Human Resource Management for Company Officers||2.5|
|FST 21 CO 2B General Administrative Functions for Company Officers||1.5|
|FST 22 CO 2C Fire Inspections and Investigation for Company Officers||2.5|
|FST 23 CO 2D All - Risk Command Operations for Company Officers||2.5|
|FST 24 CO 2E Wildland Incident Operations for Company Officers||2.5|
|FST 25 Instructor 1||2.5|
Updated: July 2022