- Educational Partnerships
- Adult Education
- Early College Credit
- Rising Scholars
Steps to Register for
Summer Geometry (NMAT 256)
Registration for Summer 2023 Geometry opens Monday, May 15th!
Here’s what you need to know before registering:
Please view the Summer Schedule of Courses to choose a section of NMAT 256: Geometry (and NMAT 202C: Concurrent Support, if you would like to attend) at a time that works for you.
Classes are formatted in two parts: lecture (125 minutes, Monday - Thursday) and lab (120 minutes, Tuesday, and Thursday).
Please note, a compass, protractor, and scientific calculator may be required for some sections of this course.
How to Register for Summer Geometry:
- Log into Class-Web by entering your User ID (W#) and PIN
- Select the “Student Services” tab at the top
- Scroll down and select “Registration”
- If you already know the CRN for your class, click on “Add/Drop or Withdraw from Class” then select “Summer 2023” in the drop down list for the term and submit. Next, enter the 5-digit Course Registration Number (CRN) for each course that you want to register for in each box provided.
- If you do not know the CRN for your class, click on “Look Up Classes To Add” then select “Summer 2023” in the drop-down list for the term and submit. Next, select “Noncredit Math- LPC” in the drop-down list, click “Course Search”, then click “View Sections” next to 256 Geometry.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page
For more information, view our video on How to Register for Classes
Prerequisite Error Message
If you run into the "prerequisite not met" error while registering for Summer Geometry please follow the instructions below:
Since the class has a prerequisite of MATH 110 (Elementary Algebra) We ask that you login to Class-Web and take the LPC Math Guided Self Placement .
- Sign on to CLASS-Web
- Click on the Steps to Success tab
- Under Campus, select Las Positas College
- Complete the Math Guided Self-Placement.
The self-placement result will generate in real time. You will then be able to register for NMAT 256.
Additional Registration Issues
Students outside the DUSD and LVJUSD service areas
Students, please note:
While the LPC Geometry course, NMAT 256, has been approved for credit by some school districts, it has not been approved across the board. Unfortunately, PUSD has determined that they will not provide credit towards the high school diploma for our Geometry course. This is why we stated in our communication about this course that it is imperative to consult with your high school before applying to this course to determine whether or not your student will receive credit towards the high school diploma.
The good news is, students are still able to take the course for skills building even if they will not receive credit from their high school as long as they've applied by the deadline, their high school designee approves their concurrent enrollment application, and they obtain verification from the high school that they've completed and passed Algebra.
If you have any questions regarding issues with registering for this course, please contact our Admissions & Records department at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 17 - December 19, 2023
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
Emerald Templeton, EdD
Education Partnerships Project Manager
Danielle Bañuelos, AA
Academic Services Administrative Assistant
For information regarding the Early College Credit please contact: