Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the Fire Academy held?
Our Next Fire Academy is scheduled for Fall 2023. Semester begins August 16th. The
Fire Academy meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
7:00am - 5:15pm.
**Schedule subject to change to accomodate Training Days**
- First step register as a College Student at LPC
- Returning students, please check your registration dates on class web or via email.
- Mandatory PRE FIRE Academy Orientation in August, details via email to Cadets Accepted.
2. What are the Pre-requisites to join:
The pre-requisites for the LPC Regional Fire Academy are as follows:
- FST 1 Fire Protection Organization. This is the introductory class to Fire Service Technology, and can also be referred to as Introduction to Fire and Emergency Services in other colleges. Please contact the FST program coordinator for more information.
- EMS 30 ( EMR course) or EMS 20 (EMT course). Having an EMT License or a Paramedic License meet these prerequisites. You must petition for a course prerequisite challenge form in order to be able to register for our Fire Academy. This is applies to students who have not taken EMS 30 or EMS 20 at LPC.
- FST 7 (the old FSC1 class) Fire Service Physical Conditioning Class. Having a valid, unexpired CPAT Candidate Physical Ability card or a Biddle Physical Agility card also meet these prerequisites. You must petition for a course prerequisite challenge form in order to register for our Fire Academy, this is for NON-LPC students who have not taken our FST7 (FSC1) course.
** If you are a student transferring from another College or College district and think you meet these prerequisites, please email the Fire Program Coordinator / Fire Academy Coordinator **
3. How much does the FIRE Academy cost?
The direct cost for the Fire Academy, including tuition, lab fees, certificates fees and PPE rental etc, is estimated between $2900-$3700 dollars; this is subject to change without notice.
- Tuition- $46 dollars per unit / 19 units $874
- Electronic Resources/Books/ Manuals approximate cost $500
- Class B Uniforms and PT Uniforms $300-$500
- PPE /SCBA/Wildland Rental/Lung Capacity testing etc $1400
- State Fire Training Firefighter 1 and 2 Certification Test $100-$200
- State Fire Training Certificates and CSTI certifications $400-$650
Vendors will be collecting fees for services above during the orientation. Please be proactive and plan ahead. There are several industry certificates provided in this course , see SFT and CSTI certificates above.
We strongly encourage ALL students to apply for financial aid to determine eligibility for funds available to help cover the cost of attendance.
For more information please contact:
Fire Service Technology Faculty-Coordinator
Fire Academy Coordinator/ Instructor
Outreach Specialist- Public Safety
Follow US on Social Media