To truly understand web accessibility, including its legal requirements, and to learn how to make your instructional content accessible to students with disabilities, go to the self-paced Canvas course called Web Accessibility Course.
Below are other resources:
- LPC Distance Education Accessibility Guidelines
- Accessibility Basics
- Canvas Accessibility
- Pope Tech
- Creating Accessible Word Documents
- Creating Accessible PowerPoint Presentations
- 3C Media Solutions App (for close captioning videos in Canvas)
- YouTube Videos
- WAVE Browser Extensions (for evaluating pages for accessibility; works in Chrome and Firefox)
- CCC Updated Guidance on the Chancellor’s Office’s System Wide Prioritization for Real-time Captioning and Closed Caption Support
- CCC Accessibility Standard
- CCC Accessibility FAQs
- CCC Accessibility Center Help Desk
- Create an account, or log into the CCC's Vision Resource Center.
- From the top menu, choose Connect > All Communities.
- Find the CCC | Accessibility community link, click it, then click the Join button.
- CCC DE Accessibility Guidelines for Students with Disabilities (2011)
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)