- Online Learning Home
- Online Services
- HyFlex Learning
- Mobile Learning
- Course Email
- Privacy Statement
- Faculty Resources
HyFlex Tips for Success
If you are enrolled in a HyFlex course, Las Positas College wants you to succeed. Here are some tips to help you, whether you are participating on campus, online synchronously via Zoom, asynchronously in Canvas, or a combination of the above.
- Contact the instructor prior to enrolling to find out exactly which participation choices are offered aside from on campus (synchonous online and/or asynchronous online).
- Purchase your books and/or other materials prior to the first day of class.
- Set up your Notifications in Canvas.
- Read the syllabus carefully.
- Communicate regularly with your instructor and your classmates.
- Participate fully in the class.
- Make some friends in the class.
- Try participating in multiple modes early in the semester to determine which work best for you. If you stick with one mode, make it an informed decision.
- If you are primarily learning synchronously via Zoom:
- Show up in Zoom on time.
- Keep your camera on if you feel comfortable.
- Make sure light is hitting your face and is not behind you so you don't appear in darkness.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- During a lecture, use the chat feature to communicate with others.
- Focus on the class and nothing else.
- Use the raise hand feature to ask questions to your instructor.
- Use a Zoom background if there is something distracting behind you.
- If you are primarily learning asynchronously in Canvas:
- Resist any urge to procrastinate, which can be easy to do since there is no live instructor in front of you.
- Watch any recordings of synchronous lectures.
- Utilize the online library and online tutoring services in Canvas.
- Don't isolate yourself; communicate with those who participate on campus and synchronously online.
- If you are primarily learning on campus, remember that those participating online are your classmates. Engage and encourage them.
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)