Veterans First Program
- Welcome and Announcements
- Getting Started - VA Benefits
- Certify Classes for VA Education Benefits
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Special Projects & Programs
- Mission SERVE Newsletter
- Student Veterans Organization
- Operation Gateway #15
- Resources to Support Students
- 2.2 for 22 Challenge for Veterans
Frequently Asked Questions
WORDS OF ADVICE FROM LPC STUDENT VETERAN ALUMNI
You will be missed - CONGRATS on your GRADUATION!
I may be eligible to attend LPC using VA Benefits. Who do I contact for this information?
The Veterans First Program at Las Positas College has excellent staff to answer your questions. Call (925) 424-1570 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to do to get my educational benefits started at LPC?
The first step would be to apply for admissions to Las Positas College. Once you are accepted you would need to contact the LPC Veterans First Program to establish a file.
Do I need to bring any paperwork with me to the office?
- If a student is a veteran and eligible for Ch 33 Post 9-11 GI Bill or Ch. 30, Montgomery G.I. Bill, they would bring their member 4 copy of the DD-214.
- If they are eligible for Ch. 1606, Montgomery G. I. Bill – Reservists/National Guardsmen, they would need a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), DD-2384 form. This form may be picked up from their units Educational Officer.
- If they are eligible for 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program, they would need their orders calling them to active duty and their DD214 (member 4 copy) when released from active duty.
How do I find out if I have any benefits left?
Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551
Who do I contact is I questions concerning my Veterans Benefits payments, such as direct deposit account, payment amounts, etc.?
Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL (1-888-442-4551) or
Visit www.gibill.va.gov and go to 1.) Questions and Answers or go to your 2.) Wave Account (If you have not set one up, be sure to do so.
Do I need to do anything once I request certification for my benefits with the LPC Certifying Official?
Only if you are Ch. 30 and 1606 students are responsible for verifying your own enrollment at the end of each month. You must do this to get your benefit check for school attendance the previous month. Contact the VA Regional Processing Office each month by phone at 1-877-823-2378 or on-line at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/.
What do I need to do each semester once I register for my classes?
Visit the LPC Veterans First Program to request certification of classes. Do this early (as soon as you register for your classes). If it is you are entering or nearing your second semester of recieving VA benefits at LPC, be sure you have a EVALUATION of COURSE REQUIREMENTS for CURRENT MAJOR completed and submitted to the Veterans First Program.
Veterans First Program
Mailing Address & Location:
Hours (Subj. to Change) - eff 08/16/2023
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill