Veterans First Program
- Welcome and Announcements
- Getting Started - VA Benefits
- Certify Classes for VA Education Benefits
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Special Projects & Programs
- Mission SERVE Newsletter
- Student Veterans Organization
- Operation Gateway #15
- Resources to Support Students
- 2.2 for 22 Challenge for Veterans
INVEST IN LAS POSITAS COLLEGE STUDENT VETERANS
Thank you for supporting LPC Student Veterans! Your investment will go toward various programs and services provided by the Las Positas College Veterans First Program. Your generous donation will help in the following manner:
- Veterans Emergency Relief Fund - One time relief fund up to $500 for veterans enrolled FT making academic progress toward their goals and need immediate assistance with unplanned, unscheduled financial obligations.
- Operation: Diaper Change - Veterans/Parents who are enrolled for the current term with infants and/or toddlers and in need of diapers, baby wipes, or baby food.
- Operation Gateway - New Student Veterans Orientation - Assist with providing school supplies (e.g., backback, notebooks, etc.) for new student veterans enrolling for the first time at Las Positas College.
- Veterans First Scholarships - Annually, the Veterans First Program awards scholarships to student veterans for both scholastic excellence and financial need.
- Veterans Lounge - Food on the Go - Before or After class, studying in the lounge or tutorial room, veterans need sustenance to maintain their energy and focus. "Food on the Go" includes healthy options - fruit, granola bars, bottled water, etc.
- Mission Ready Learning Community - Funds are need to create a Bookstore fund to cover books, supplies, and any necessary items for success at LPC.
- Gas for College - Veterans who commute over 20 miles one way to LPC often need financial support to cover gas or vehicle maintenance. Many of our students commute from the East (e.g., Patterson and Stockton) and general Alameda County.
- 2.2 Challenge for Veterans - Veterans First Program hosts a 2.2 for 22 Challenge for veterans to raise awareness and prevent veteran suicide. Funds raised will go toward mental health resources/workshops for veterans.
How to Invest
Donations can be made to the LPC Veterans Resource Center through the Las Positas College Foundation (a 501(c)(3) non-profit). Donors will receive a letter from the Foundation acknowledging their tax-deductible gift.
To donate by check:
Make checks payable to the Las Positas College Foundation. On the memo line, please write Veterans First or Veterans Resource Center. See the example below:
Checks should be mailed to:
Las Positas College Foundation
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore, CA 94551
Click on the link above and provide the required information on the donation page. In the section labeled “Program Name”, select Veterans First Initiative in the pull-down menu.
To donate cash:
Please contact Rifka Several in the Las Positas College Foundation office at: (925) 424-1014. You can also reach her via email at: email@example.com.
Your investment is tax deductible: IRS Number 71-0942040.
Veterans First Program
Mailing Address & Location:
Hours (Subj. to Change) - eff 08/16/2023
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill