- Las Positas College
- Disability Resource Center
- Student Resources and Information
Disability Resource Center
- Disability Resource Center Home
- DSPS Eligibility Criteria
- Student Resources
- Faculty Resources
- How to Apply
- DSPS Services
- Alt Media
- Test Proctoring
- DSPS Forms
- DSPS Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accessibility Complaint Form
- Privacy (FERPA)
- Helpful Websites and Resources
Student Resources and Related Information
DSPS continues to offer all student support services including academic counseling online.
1. Review/ Update your Academic Accommodation Plan: If you believe that your current Accommodation plan is not adequately addressing your disability related needs, please email us to request an appointment with a DSPS counselor. Your counselor will be happy to review or update your Academic Accommodation Plan and share resources as needed.
2. Be Proactive and Advocate for your needs: We encourage you to be proactive and advocate for your needs. Please communicate and inform your instructor(s) ahead of time of regarding your need for approved accommodations per your Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP), so that they have an opportunity to arrange for them. Please feel free to reach out to DSPS staff if you feel you need assistance.
3. Apply for Financial Aid: Apply for financial aid even if you think you may not qualify or have not qualified for it in the past. Visit the Financial Aid page: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/financialaid/ to learn more.
4. Stay informed and Check your Zonemail email account: Use your college-issued Zonemail e-mail account to contact college personnel. Check your Zonemail e-mail account regularly as LPC is using Zonemail to share important resources with you and to keep you informed of updates.
Veterans First Program
Students who are currently serving or have served in the U.S. Armed Services and eligible dependents are encouraged to request support services from the Veterans First Program.
Student Health & Wellness
Students who are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or worried, are encouraged to contact the Student Health & Wellness Center for student mental health services.
- LPC Health Center Website
- The California Youth Crisis line runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week: [800-843-5200]800-843-5200. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides confidential assistance to anyone in crisis and their loved ones through a live chat and free 24-hour hotline at [800-273-8255]800-273-8255. You can also text the Crisis Text Line at 741741.
Reading & Writing (RAW) Center
Students who are in need of academic assistance with reading and writing assignments are encouraged to contact the Reading & Writing (RAW) Center for assistance.
Students who would like to receive free online tutoring in most subjects are encouraged to receive online tutorial services through NetTutor on Canvas. Please contact the Tutorial Center for additional information.
LPC Computer Center
Students who are in need of technology resources or information are encouraged to contact the LPC Computer Center for assistance online. The LPC Computer Center may help with Canvas, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, CLASS-Web (online student portal), Zonemail, scanning assignments from your smartphone, and much more.
Las Positas College has a number of online services available to students that are listed by category for your convenience.
Technology Loan Program
Students who are in need of computer hardware and software should make their needs known to your instructor(s). Technology is being issued from the College on a referral basis. Please discuss your needs with your instructor or counselor.
General Counseling Department
Although DSPS Counseling can act as a "one stop shop" for DSPS students, General Counseling is also available. Any LPC student who would like to receive academic, career, and personal counseling are welcome to contact the Counseling Department.
- CA Department of Rehabilitation: Students with disabilities may qualify for educational and vocational supports through the CA Department of Rehabilitation. To learn more, visit the California Department of Rehabilitation Website
- Student Resource Guide: LPC has compiled a list of resources based on the needs and concerns you may like addressed. Please visit the Student Resource guide web page to review these resources.
- CVC-OEI: CVC-OEI has a full page of resources dedicated to helping students transition to online learning. Resources include a number of videos on how to prepare for and succeed in a virtual classroom, as well as an overview of Canvas. The page also details the companies offering free or low-cost internet access across the state.
DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER
1st Floor | Room 1615
Normal Office Hours
Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm