Distance Education Committee
- Reviewed new online courses and provided support and feedback to instructors.
- Recommended procedures/guidelines for student access to Canvas courses at term end.
- Recommended a process to phase out the use of the ePortfolio tool in Canvas.
- Sponsored and delivered a fall flex session titled Interaction in your Online Courses.
- Sponsored a fall flex session titled Making your Canvas Course Site ADA-Compliant.
- In conjunction with the FA, developed a process for deciding what to do with content in a Canvas course belonging to an instructor who no longer is teaching that course.
- Recommended that students who are no longer enrolled at LPC should be removed from non-instructional Canvas courses.
- Sponsored and delivered a Spring Flex session on the minimum standards for DE instruction that are new in the faculty contract.
- Sponsored and delivered a Spring Flex session on getting courses aligned to the OEI Course Design Rubric.
- Reviewed 15 DE courses and gave feedback
- Revised and passed the DE Interaction Guidelines
- Sponsored two workshops each on web accessibility and HyFlex
- Approved the addition of tutoring & library links in the course menu of every Canvas course
- Recommended online learning tools to be purchased by the district
- Approved the addition of the New Analytics Attendance tool in Canvas
- Set a tentative timetable for the implementation of New Quizzes in Canvas
- Developed a Canvas Outage Communications Plan
- Set a formal definition of HyFlex and worked with the college & district to plan training
- Recommended to the District TCC that ConferZoom be upgraded.
- Recommended to the District TCC that at least 1 year's worth of data continue to be imported into Canvas daily.
- Conducted 10 course reviews for new DE instructors and gave feedback.
- Explored options for utilizing NetTutor while staying within budget.
- Recommended several Canvas processes to the Academic Senate.
- Recommended usage and placement of Follett Discover Access app in Canvas.
- Explored Canvas tool created by LPC students.
9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.