Honors Transfer Program
Honors Transfer Program
The Las Positas Honors Program is designed to prepare highly-motivated students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities and to build the intellectual and social skills needed for their success. The program provides opportunities for activities and experiences designed specifically to encourage independent and creative learning. Highly-motivated students have the opportunity to work closely with outstanding faculty and other honors students in doing a wide variety of research projects and other activities.
Our program runs in the fall and spring semesters, but is not active during the summer term.
Benefits and opportunities you will have as an Honors student include:
- An "Honors" transcript designation for each course in which you complete an honors contract or fulfill the requirements of the embedded-honors syllabus for the course
- The opportunity to do exciting and challenging coursework geared toward those who wish to achieve beyond what is normally required for lower-division classes
- The benefits of working one-on-one with faculty as you engage in your honors projects
- The opportunity to participate in the statewide community college honors research symposium held at either Stanford University or UC Berkeley each spring
- A chance to collaborate with other honors students
- Special recognition as an honors scholar at graduation for students who complete at least 5 honors contracts worth at least 15 units and graduating with a GPA of at least 3.5
- Access to transfer agreements with a number of universities for those who graduate as honors scholars
Follow the links to the left for more information about eligibility requirements, honors activities, procedures and forms.
In this video honors students discuss their experience in the Las Positas College Honors Transfer Program.
Video Introduction to the Honors Program
The video below will introduce you to the basic purpose, function, and opportunities offered by the Las Positas College Honors Transfer Program.
For more information please contact:
Coordinator as of Fall 2023
Office Phone: 925-424-1266
Coordinator through Summer 2023
- Honors Office: Room 21220
- Honors Coordinator's Office (Irena Keller): 21200A
Office Hours: Fall 2023
Monday through Thursday 10am to 10:45am, and each Tuesday and Thursday 12:30 to 1:05pm, in the 21200A (located inside the Honors Program Lounge in 21200), as well as on ZOOM.Key Deadlines, Fall 2023
- Honors contract proposals due: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Honors contracts completed and approved by instructor, project completion survey submitted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Our program runs in the fall and spring semesters but is not active in the summer term.