Canvas for Faculty
Pronto for Faculty
Pronto is an all-in-one communications platform that allows students and instructors to interact with one another directly within a Canvas course or within its mobile app (called Pronto Team Communication), which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can also download its desktop app, which can be accessed from the Pronto web site.
- a chat feature
- the ability to share files
- the ability to post animated GIFs, images, and emojis.
- a video conference tool that lets instructors and students create, and meet with each other, in their own video meetings. This can be used for student study sessions or for live tutoring sessions. These meetings can be recorded to be watched later.
- a task manager
- live message translation into another language
Learn about all of the Pronto features. As an instructor, you can access the CLPCCD Pronto Course Management web portal to enable or disable Pronto in courses, sections, and groups within Canvas altogether or individually. You can use the "Sync Now" option to synchronize changes between Pronto and Canvas. Here are a few more resources for you:
- Signing in to Pronto
- Using the Pronto Course Management web portal
- Accessing Pronto within Canvas
- Course Management FAQ
- Pronto web site
- Pronto video series for Canvas
- Pronto best practices (for teaching)
- Posting Schedule. These are suggestions of when and what to post to students.
- Pronto community group. For faculty questions, answers, feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Pronto release notes. Find out what's new in Pronto.
- The Pronto icon is located at the bottom of the global navigation menu in Canvas, below the Help icon.
- When you log into Pronto, you should choose the email address option and use the same email address that you use in Canvas. Pronto will not work if you use a different email address.
- Your course needs to be published before Pronto can be used.
- If you merge sections into one Canvas course, you will want to rename the sections within Pronto in order to distinguish them. Go into a course, and open Pronto in a new tab by clicking the expand icon on the upper right. Hover over the first section you want to rename, click the three dots on the right, choose Nickname, type in a nickname, then click Enter on your keyboard. Do the same with any other sections.
- If you are teaching at multiple colleges that use Pronto, you can toggle those colleges by clicking the drop-down next to the icon of you.
- New course shells created in Canvas will begin synchronizing with Pronto at 5 p.m. This process takes a few hours but should be done by the following morning.
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)