- Las Positas College
- Multiple Measures
Students who would like to enroll in courses beyond the first transfer-level in English and mathematics may request multiple measure evaluation to include standardized test results and other college level work from regionally accredited colleges and universities for course placement at Las Positas College.
Las Positas College accepts the following standardized tests and transcripts for course placement into courses beyond the first transfer-level courses in English and mathematics. Please consult the college catalog for additional information.
Credit may be earned for Advance Placement (AP) exams with scores of 3, 4, or 5 as listed in the college catalog. Course credit and units granted at Las Positas College may differ from course credit and units granted by a transfer institution. Official copies of AP scores are required for multiple measures placement.
Students interested in taking Chemistry 1A: General College Chemistry, have the option of taking the Chemistry Diagnostic Test to fulfill the chemistry pre-requisite for this class. Students will have 45 minutes (timed) to complete 44 questions.
This in-person test will be available on campus Monday- Thursday from 9:00am - 3:00 pm in the Assessment Center, Building 1600, Room 1642.
1. Email email@example.com to request a Chemistry Diagnostic Test appointment.
Please include the following in the email:
2. Once we confirm your appointment, we will send you a confirmation email.
3. On the day of your test, please arrive 10 minutes early and bring your photo ID. Please note that seats are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Note: The Chemistry Diagnostic Test may be taken only once per semester.
Students requesting prerequisite clearance for Chemistry 1A using High School (H.S.) coursework must do the following:
1. Apply for admission to Las Positas College at and obtain your student ID number.
2. Obtain your unofficial H.S. transcript (courses must be completed in the U.S. to qualify for placement).
Chem 1A: One year of H.S. Chemistry with “B” or higher in each term (3 year recency requirement)
3. Complete the Chemistry Multiple Measures Placement form, and submit it along with your transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The results of your request will be emailed to your LPC Zone email.
Credit may be earned for College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams with passing scores as listed in the college catalog.
Credit may be earned for International Baccalaureate (IB) exams with scores of 4, 5, 6, or 7 as listed in the college catalog. Students who have earned credit from an IB exam should not take a comparable college course because transfer credit will not be granted for both. Official copies of IB scores are required for multiple measures placement.
Students who believe they may be qualified to take a higher level of Spanish (SPAN 1B, 2A, 2B) must complete an in-person Spanish assessment in the Assessment Center. See open hours listed to the right on this webpage.
- Students who believe they may be qualified to take a higher level of Spanish for Spanish Speakers (SPAN 22) should contact Hortencia Nevarez email@example.com to take an assessment.
Credits may be earned for courses taken at another regionally accredited college or university. Official transcripts are required for course placement purposes. Official transcripts are required for transcript evaluation for satisfying certificate, degree, or transfer requirements in accordance with the college catalog.