American Sign Language (ASL), French, Spanish, and Spanish for Spanish Speakers
Students may enroll directly into the first transfer-level courses in World Languages without any assessment. Students interested in enrolling in World Language courses beyond the first transfer-level should do the following:
Take the French Guided Self-Placement via CLASS-Web.
Instructions On How To Complete The French Guided Self-placement:
- Sign on to CLASS-Web and click on the “Steps to Success” tab
- Under “Select Campus Option”, select Las Positas College
- Under the “Step” column, click on a Foreign Language Self-Placement
The Spanish Department offers a range of Spanish language courses to cater to different learners. For second language learners, we have SPAN 1A, 1B, 2A, and 2B, while for Spanish speakers, we offer SPAN 21 and 22. Detailed information about these courses can be found here.
- Students who believe they have the proficiency to enroll in a higher level, such as SPAN 1B, 2A, or 2B, are required to complete an in-person Spanish assessment at our Assessment Center. To schedule a Spanish assessment, students can click on the "Multiple Measures" link and choose the Spanish option for more information.
Spanish for Spanish Speakers Assessment:
- If students believe they qualify for the advanced level Spanish for Spanish Speakers course (SPAN 22), they should contact Hortencia Nevarez at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an assessment.
Additionally, students can explore the "Multiple Measures" link on the left side of the webpage to learn about alternative ways to qualify for enrollment in courses beyond the initial transfer-level, including Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and prior college-level coursework.
We encourage students to take advantage of these opportunities to enhance their Spanish language skills and academic journey.