- Classified Senate Home
- Classified Senate Events and Fundraisers
- Governing Council, Constitution & By Laws
- Agendas & Minutes
- Local SEIU 1021
- Las Positas College Committes
- Classified Senate Committee Opportunities
- Las Positas Outstanding Classified Professional
- Classified Sentate Documents, Information, and Articles
- 21 Day Challenge - Spring 2022
- Las Positas College - Caring Campus
- Classified Leadership Institute for Professionals (CLIP)
- Classified Leadership In Mentorship Building (CLIMB)
- California Community Colleges Classified Senate (4CS)
- Classified Leadership Institute (CLI)
- LPC Foundation & Student Scholarship Payroll Deduction Form (2022)
- Classified Senate Payroll Deduction Form (2022)
- CLPCCD Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Las Positas College Classified Senate
What is Classified Senate?
The Las Positas College Classified Senate represents the classified staff on all non-collective bargaining matters. Classified staff that serve in instructional areas are included in discussions and have input regarding academic programs, delivery of services, and other academic matters that influence their professional duties.
In addition, classified staff, jointly with other governance groups, are given the opportunity to participate actively in the creation and development of policies and procedures in the following areas:
- Classified roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Student preparation and success
- College/district governance structures
- Professional Development activities
- Institutional planning processes
- Budget Development processes
- Program planning and staffing
- Regulations and procedures relating to health and safety.
The Las Positas College Classified Senate is a body of dedicated professionals working in support of the College's Mission, Vision and Values to promote success for its students, and for the wider campus community. We are committed to effectively representing all Classified professionals in participatory governance, promoting professional development, advocating for Classified viewpoints, and contributing to the pursuit of excellence for our campus.
The Governing Council of the Classified Senate shall consist of officers. The Past President and the highest-ranking union officer at Las Positas College shall serve as non-voting members.
Classified representatives are elected by majority vote from among all classified members. The term of office on the Governing Council is for one academic year (July 1 - June 30).
Follow Us on Instagram!
Classified Senate Meetings
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Caring Campus Meetings
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
Rm 1687 & Zoom
Governing Council Meetings
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
VP of Communications
VP of Activities
VP of Fundraising
Classified Senate Past President