- Las Positas College
- Technology Department
- Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures
- District Information Technology Services Standards and Policies
- Computer and Network Use Policy - BP 3720
- Use of District Equipment Policy - AP 6535
- Guidelines for Password Requirements
Web & Copyright Policies
These policies and procedures are currently in draft format, and are available for faculty and staff to review and comment.
- Copyright Policy (17K PDF)
- Web Policy (49K PDF)
- Web Policy: Administrative Rules & Procedures (44K PDF
Las Positas College Instructional Computer Use Guidelines
Using the computers at Las Positas College is a privilege, it is not a right. Students must follow these policies. Violation of these policies may result in the loss of computer privileges, deletion of unauthorized work without notice, and other consequences including suspension and expulsion.
There is a fee for printing from campus computers. A PRINT FEE CARD can be purchased from the Bookstore (bulk discount card) or from card dispensers in the Library or 803 Computer Center. A new Print Fee Card must be purchased if the card is lost or damaged. No refunds will be made for printing mistakes.
- Do Not bring food or drinks to the library, classrooms, or labs
- Do Not view offensive websites or files.
- Do Not play games or enter chat rooms.
- Do Not harass other users verbally or physically.
- Do Not create or introduce computer viruses.
- Do Not restrict access to or damage LPC systems or data.
- Do Not alter the configuration or contents of hard drives.
- Do Not alter data belonging to another user.
- Do Not install software from home or the Internet without explicit permission.
Computer Use Policies
- You may only work on academic projects assigned or authorized by Chabot or Las Positas College.
- Children are not permitted in the computer labs without the immediate supervision of a parent/guardian and the prior written permission from the Vice President of Student Services. Visitors may not use LPC computers.
- College policy and civil law forbid unauthorized downloading or copying software or other files.
- Use of CLPCCD computers for profit or commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
- Report malfunctioning computers, printers, and any suspected malware to CLPCCD Staff.
Computer Use Guidelines
- In the Library, please ask for assistance from a computer tutor or a librarian.
- In the Computer Center, please ask for assistance from an instructional assistant.
- Your files must be saved on your own USB or cloud drive. Files saved to the hard drive will be erased.
- Ask Staff at the desk about any lost items.
- Please switch all phones, or alarms to silent mode. If you need to answer or place a call, please take it outside.
- Please properly exit all software applications and remove your USB at the end of each work session.
- Please leave the computer ON for the next student.
Special Notice about the Security of Personal Information on the Internet
Remember that you are using an insecure public network, so all internet transactions (credit cards, etc.) are at your own risk. We strongly suggest you not put sensitive personal information through the Internet on public computers.
LPC Technology Help Desk
Mon thru Thurs: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Place a ServiceNow Request
District ITS Help Desk
Place a ServiceNow Request
ClassWeb / Zone Help Desk
Distance Education / Canvas Help Desk