- Math Courses & Pathways
- Math Pathways Flow Chart
- AS in Mathematics for Transfer Degree Requirements
- Student Resources
- Math Faculty Resources
- Full-Time Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty
- Instructional Assistants
- Guided Self-Placement Support
Math Department Collaboration
The Department of Mathematics at Las Positas College maintains a Canvas™ course which is used to share key Deparment information including:
- meeting details
- professional develeopment opportuiities, and
- course specific information and materials such as calendars, syllabi and lab assignments.
All LPC mathematics instructors have access to this site.
- For access to the Math Department's Canvas course, contact the current Mathematics Department coordinator
- Link to Canvas™: Click here
- Need help logging in? Contact Scott Vigallon
There are some great software programs which can be used to supplement existing lecture materials. Below is a list of free software programs which you and your students may find useful. Workshops may be held concerning the use of this technology in the classroom, so stay tuned for updates about that.
- Desmos (Free online graphing utility)
- MAXIMA CAS (Excellent alternative to Matlab, Maple, and Mathematica - best for use in Math 1 and 2)
- Winplot (Graphing utility. Only works on PCs. For Mac users, it's recommended they use Grapher, a free program that comes with many Mac OS versions)
- Geogebra (Free Geometer's Sketchpad. Useful for modeling mathematical concepts)
- Wabbitemu (TI calculator emulator - requires ROM code)
Here are some free instructional aides and e-books that you may find useful as a supplement
to your course materials.
Tools for Enriching Calculus (useful for Math 1, 2, 3)