- Las Positas College
- Online Learning
- Faculty Resources
- Distance Education
- Grace Guidance for Faculty: Cameras, Recording, and Proctoring. Distributed by the LPC administration on November 5, 2020.
- LPC Distance Education Interaction Guidelines. Approved by the LPC Academic Senate on Nov. 28, 2012. Revisions approved by the Senate on March 10, 2021. Additional revisions approved by the Distance Education Committee on January 28, 2022.
- DE Accessibility Guidelines. Approved by the Distance Education Committee on April 23, 2021.
- OEI Course Design Rubric Resolution. Approved by the LPC Academic Senate on Nov. 29, 2017.
- Course Modality Changes. Memorandum sent to LPC faculty on Nov. 1, 2022, from the Office of Academic Services.
- Privacy Statement. Approved by LPC DE Committee on Oct. 27, 2006. Includes language on student authentication.
- Official description of DE. Approved by the LPC DE Committee on Oct. 28, 2011. Updated in 2022. Language in included in the college catalog.
- Recommendations for adding students to DE classes. Recommendations agreed upon by LPC DE Committee in May 2014.
- Canvas Usage Statements. Originally approved by the LPC Academic Senate on Nov. 14, 2018.
- Canvas Course Storage Guidelines. Approved by the Distance Education Committee on March 26, 2021.
- Faculty training statement. Approved by the LPC Academic Senate on March 11, 2009. "Whereas Blackboard (now Canvas) is such an integral part of our education, all faculty who use it, need proper training, including copyright and accessibility issues."
- Canvas global messaging policy, agreed upon by LPC Executive Council, Fall 2020: LPC may use global messaging to push out"changes to policy and services that need to be communicated evenly to students."
- Instructor's Withdrawal Option: Distance Education. "The instructor may drop students
who miss the first meeting of a course. The first meeting of online or hybrid Distance
Education courses is the first day of the class as specified in the class schedule
listing. For these courses, instructors may drop students who do not log into their
Canvas course and/or complete indicated activities by the third day of classes. DE
instructors may drop students if they have not submitted work and/or accessed the
class for two consecutive weeks. For Summer courses, DE instructors may drop students
if they have not submitted work and/or accessed the class for one week."
- First three sentences approved by the LPC Academic Senate on Dec. 17, 2008. Fourth sentence approved by Senate on May 23, 2012. Fifth sentence approved by Senate on March 13, 2013.
- Faculty Contract. Includes DE language on working conditions, evaluations, intellectual property, etc.
- Board Policy 4105 Distance and Correspondence Education
- Board Policy 3725 Information and Communications Technology Accessibility & Acceptable Use
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)