The following criteria will help determine possible eligibility for the Las Positas College CalWORKs Program.
- You must be enrolled or plan to enroll at Las Positas College
- You must be considered low-income and have at least one dependent child under the age of 18. The county you live in can determine if you meet CalWORKs county guidelines.
- You have applied for CalWORKs cash-aid through the county and the CalWORKs county office has determined you are eligible to receive benefits.
How do I apply for CalWORKs?
Click on "Apply" for details to complete the steps to apply through the CalWORKs county office. Steps to apply to the Las Positas College CalWORKs Program to receive additional benefits can also be found in this section.
Benefits Provided by the County
- Monthly financial assistance (cash benefits may vary and are subject to county determination)
- Books, supplies and mileage costs covered
- Employment expenses covered
- Childcare costs covered for approved welfare-to-work activities including study time on campus
- Up to 4 years focusing on your education as an approved main welfare-to-work activity
- Exemption opportunities to overcome major barriers to your success
Benefits Provided by the Las Positas College CalWORKs Program
- Additional educational supplies
- Career and academic advising from counselors in the CalWORKs office
- Advocacy with the Department of Social Services for major county issues
- Work study employment opportunities on campus and job development
- Priority registration
- Extra (free) tutoring services
- Statewide and regional CalWORKs scholarships
- Student recognition events
- Referrals to other departments on campus (EOPS/CARE, DSPS, etc.) and to college and community resources