- Financial Aid Home
- 2023-2024 Pell Grant Chart
- AB19 Promise Scholarship
- AB19 Free College
- All Types of Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- BankMobile Disbursements
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Covid Emergency Grants
- CCPG Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Resources for LPC Students
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Verify My Application
- Financial Aid for Veterans
California Dream Act and AB 540
The Dream Act are two laws that passed in 2011 that allow AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
- California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
- Promise Scholarship
- State financial aid such as Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE, or CalWORKs
- Privately-funded scholarships
Who is Eligible?
You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:
|Attendance Requirement||Completion of a Course of Study|
- For more information, please view Quick Guide to SB 68 by Immigrants Rising
- You will need to submit documents to Admissions and Records to establish AB 540 status.
- If required, complete an AB 540 CALIFORNIA NONRESIDENT TUITION EXEMPTION REQUEST affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for an immigration status.
Please contact Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.
Tuition Difference After You Establish AB 540 Status
CA Resident Tuition
for Fall and Spring
Nonresidents (taking 12 semester units)
for Fall and Spring Semester
|Las Positas College||$1,104*||$8,064|
*This is an estimate and the actual amounts are subject to change.
Types of Aid Available for AB 540 Students
Several types of state and institutional aid are available to AB 540 students as a result of the California Dream Act.
California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
Waives community college's $46/unit enrollment fees for eligible students
*CA College Promise Grant Fee Waiver or California Dream Application.
*If you require a paper Fee Waiver application, please ask.
California Promise Scholarship at LPC
If your Expected Family Contribution is more than 3,100 and you meet the Promise Scholarship requirements, you may be considered for the Promise Scholarship. You can receive $600/semester if you enroll in 12 units or $450/semester if you enroll in 9 units. Just submit your California Dream Act Application and we will consider you for the grant. You can find the eligibility requirements here.
Assistance from EOPS, CARE, or CalWORKs
Services offered varies; may include services such as tutoring, book vouchers or other
types of financial aid for those who meet specific eligibility requirements
See department for Institutional application.
Cal Grant A or Cal Grant B
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER ENTITLEMENT
Deadline March 2 and September 2
Financial Aid Office, or California Student Aid Commission Grant award covering tuition and education-related expenses when transferring to an eligible Baccalaureate degree granting institution. California Dream Application* and GPA Verification Form. LPC will provide a GPA Verification ONLY if you have completed 16 units (this does NOT include Basic skills or ESL courses) prior to Spring term. If not, your high school must send in a GPA verification.
Cal Grant B - Entitlement
California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program
The California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG) encourages California Dream Act Application (CADAA) students with a Cal Grant B award
to perform community or volunteer service . The California Student Aid Commission
(CSAC) will award up to $3,000 per academic year (up to $1,500 per semester or up to $1,000 per quarter) to 2,500 eligible students.
Cal Grant C
Complete by March 2
Financial Aid Office, or California Student Aid Commission
Grant award covering education-related expenses for occupational or career technical programs. California Dream Application*, Cal Grant C Supplemental Application, and High School or Community College GPA Verification Form.
* To apply for any or all of the financial aid programs requiring the California Dream Application, you only need to complete and submit ONE application.
Resources for Dreamers
CSAC Resources for California Dream Act Application - FAQs, Parent Signature Forms, etc.
Financial Aid Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Building 1600, Room 1650
Livermore, CA 94551
Fax: (925) 449-6038
Always email from your Zonemail and include your W number.
Cranium Café - Speak to an advisor Online
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Financial Aid in Six Steps Flyer
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394