- Financial Aid Home
- 2023-2024 Pell Grant Chart
- AB19 Promise Scholarship
- AB19 Free College
- All Types of Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- BankMobile Disbursements
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Covid Emergency Grants
- CCPG Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Resources for LPC Students
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Verify My Application
- Financial Aid for Veterans
Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial aid is money available to assist students with the costs of attending college.
- Financial aid comes from the federal government, state government, the College, and from private sources in the form of scholarships. Grants and scholarships are assistance you don't have to pay back. Federal Work-Study allows you to work and earn money to help pay for school. Loans are borrowed money that you must repay with interest.
- The Federal Student Guide provides greater detail on Federal Student Aid.
- HomeRoom - The Official Blog of the U.S. Department of Education Information regarding updates to FAFSA
Federal financial aid is available to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Have a financial need as determined by your financial aid application (FAFSA), and reviewed or certified by Las Positas Financial Aid Office.
- Have a high-school diploma, a GED certificate, or pass an approved ability-to-benefit test given by Las Positas College..
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible certificate, associate or transfer degree program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (i.e. permanent resident, refugee, asylee, parolee).
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Meet standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Not be in default on an educational loan nor owe a refund to any financial aid office. To track your federal student loans and grants, visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access Web Site.
- Certify that all information you provide on Financial Aid application form is accurate and true, and that federal aid received will be used only for educational purposes.
- Be registered, or formerly registered, with the Selective Service System, if you are a U.S. citizen or immigrant alien male aged 18 through 26. If you have not yet registered, you can do so at http://www.sss.gov.
- Yes. However, once you have filed a FAFSA, you may be able to file a Renewal FAFSA the next year. It will not be nearly as complicated the second, third, or fourth time around.
- The Renewal FAFSA will be sent to the home address you used last year with about 75% of the information on the form preprinted and the same as the information you filed the year before. Be sure to correct any information that has changed since the previous year on CLASS-Web, especially new address, income and financial data.
Please visit completing the financial aid application page on our Web site.
- You will receive an Award Letter from the Financial Aid Office. This will detail all aid for which you are eligible, for the entire school year.
- You may not receive aid in excess of your cost of attendance.
- The information found on your Award Letter is also available at LPC's CLASS-Web Financial Aid site. Use your LPC PIN to access it.
- You do not have to return the Award Letter to the Financial Aid Office.
- If you do not want to accept a certain award, you must contact the Financial Aid Office.
- You must decline your offered aid if you do not plan to attend Las Positas College, especially if you do intend to receive aid at another college.
- You may request a Review of Unusual Circumstances with the Financial Aid Office that will allow us to reevaluate your financial aid eligibility due to unemployment, loss of benefits, divorce or other special circumstances.
- Verification of your file will first be required to ensure we have accurate information. Then, an Unusual Circumstances (Special Circumstances Petition) form and documents will be required prior to adjusting any data.
- Apply early - Meet the March 2nd Cal Grant Deadline.
- Upload all requested verification and follow-up documentation within two weeks, fully completed, and signed.
- Keep grades up - Meet minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Seek non-work study employment. Use savings. Consider living at home or with relatives to save on rent and utility costs.
- Apply for scholarships. Ask clubs, organizations, churches to which you belong if they have any scholarship funds. You may view scholarship information on the scholarships page.
- The kind of financial aid you receive is based upon your level of need and your application's completion date.
- You will receive an aid package that may be a combination of federal and state grants and/or Federal Work-Study. Grant dollars are limited, so apply early. Federal Work Study jobs are limited too, so you must complete an employment application with the Employment Career Services Center.
- FWS is a federally funded student employment program established to assist students in meeting their educational costs through part-time on campus positions or in off-campus positions, some of which are contracted community service positions.
- Students use the services of the Employment Career Services Center to assist in finding employment and completing necessary forms. Once you receive your Award Letter take it to the Employment Career Services Center to inquire about your eligibility for FWS.
- Please view the Current Work Opportunities.
- Average annual costs (tuition, books, fees, room and board, transportation, etc.) determined to be necessary to attend Las Positas College.
- These figures are subject to change.
- Your (and your spouse's if married, parent's if dependent) income, assets, number in household, number in college, and your state of legal residence are used in determining the expected family contribution.
- The formula applied to your information is determined by the federal government.
- Yes, your financial aid eligibility may change.
Financial Aid Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Building 1600, Room 1650
Livermore, CA 94551
Fax: (925) 449-6038
Always email from your Zonemail and include your W number.
Cranium Café - Speak to an advisor Online
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Financial Aid in Six Steps Flyer
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394