- Las Positas College
- Program Map Updates
- New Program Map
Program Map Updates
Creating Your Degree/Certificate Program Maps
New Program Process
This website is designed to support our LPC community with the process from how to go from a faculty idea for a NEW PROGRAM to realizing these in program maps and career links that are student and community facing in our Academic & Career Pathway Degree & Certificate Maps and linking to Career Coach.
Process steps for a creating a new program.
Creating a New Program:
- Discipline Faculty: New program is launched in CurricUNET. Curriculum resources are available on the Curriculum Committee Website.
Curriculum Specialist sends notification that new programs must be approved by the Senate. Materials needed for approval includes program (degree/certificate) maps.
- Discipline Faculty: Program-level Student Learning Outcomes, PSLOs, are created for the new program. Information on Student Learning Outcomes are available on the SLO Committee website.
- Discipline Faculty will have a tech review process with the Curriculum Committe discipline faculty representative on curriculum materials prior to the Curriculum Committee reviewing the program. This process is supported within CurricUNET.
- Discipline Faculty will initiate collaboration with the Curriculum Committee counseling representative
to create a new program map and a recommendation for which pathway this new program should reside in. Please
contact the Curriculum Specialist to find out who the current Counseling Faculty representative is.
- For your reference, every current degree and certificate maps, along with the corresponding internal program map pdf used to create them, are housed by disciplines here.
- Academic Senate: New programs and all of the necessary materials will be sent to the Academic Senate to approve or deny. If the new program is approved then...
- Faculty and Curriculum Chair: The program is guided through Curriculum Approval Process. The Curriculum Committee will approve or deny the program. If the new program is approved then...
Board of Trustees: The program will be agendized for the Chabot-Las Positas College Board to approve or deny the program. If the Board approves the program then...
- Curriculum Specialist: enters locally approved program in Chancellor’s Office Curriculum Inventory; control number issued.
Curriculum Specialist: Enters program in Banner, PSLOs in eLumen, and program information from 3 sources (COCI, Banner, eLumen). Please note that approvals in COCI will trickle in from the State and there can be a delay in when we receive notification and therefore can continue the process. Once approved in COCI then…
Program Mapper & Career Coach Support Specialist: Enters program in our Academic & Career Pathway's Program Mapper and Career Coach templates. The pdf used to create the program map is posted to the Curriculum Committee Program Map website to be used in future updates.
- Programs with Fall effective date: program maps and Career Coach links will be updated over the summer with a goal of publishing August 1st.
- Programs with Spring effective date: program maps and Career Coach links will be updated over the winter with a goal of publishing January 10th.
If you need assistance, please contact us.
Return to the main page "Creating and Updating Your Program Maps Home Page" here.