- Las Positas College
- Geology Program
- Considering a Geology Major?
Interested in a Geology major?
Here are the lower division courses in Geology available to you at LPC spread over two years
- First semester at LPC: Geology 1 Lecture
- Second semester at LPC: Geology 1 Laboratory
- Third semester at LPC: Geology 12 aka Oceanography
- Fourth semester at LPC: Geology 12 Laboratory aka Oceanography lab
Additional courses are taught intermittently including Geology 3 aka Historical Geology lecture and laboratory, Environmental Geology 5 aka Hazards and Disasters, and Environmental Geology 7 aka Resources, Use Impacts and Pollution. Watch the class schedule closely for these additional opportunities, as they are only offered every few years.
Interested in transferring to finish a four year degree in Geology?
Many colleges nationwide have excellent Geology programs. Below are links to several California universities with Geology programs:
For more information please contact: