- Las Positas College
- Theater Arts
- Theater Arts
- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Descriptions
- Register for Classes!
- Actors Conservatory
- Technical Theater CTE
- Theater Arts AA/AA-T
- Performances & Events
- Wellness Support
- Inclusivity Statement
- Faculty & Staff
THE ACTORS CONSERVATORY
Our work remains focused on the students and the progression of their craft as they set standards for professionalism, knowledge, and artistry. As such, we aim for small and connected cohorts, beginning each Fall, who will move together in a supportive, connected, and inspiring group.
- Students will study, perform, learn, and receive mentorship together so that they might better free themselves in their training and create strong community bonds, which will be invaluable upon graduation.
- Students in each cohort can expect to participate in monthly mentorship brunches with Theater Arts faculty. We want to keep you on track in your goals and we know that a large part of that just is being there to hear from you (with snacks).
"The family-like theatre community here at Las Positas has given me nothing but love and acceptance. I’m not afraid to be vulnerable or make mistakes here because I know that my classmates and professors are here to catch me when I fall." - Sofia Barrera
PC: Aaron Burg
The goal of the Actors Conservatory is to prepare student actors for the craft and business of professional acting. We know that strong relationships with professionals in the field you aspire to is the key to this success.
Our program serves as a unique college program in the greater Bay Area, drawing incredible faculty to the Las Positas College campus.
- Our faculty are trained and experienced professionals and experts with MAs and MFAs in Theater Arts, Drama, Directing, and Musical Theater.
- Our faculty and professional experts work closely with resident artists and professional experts to bring you the best training available.
- Our faculty and professional experts are acting and directing on stage and in film, and are often members of AEA or SAG-AFTRA.
- Our faculty and professional experts are directing, acting, or teaching with companies and organizations all over the country and many serve on the artistic and governing boards of many theatrical organizations.
The Conservatory Course sequence and subsequent degrees and certificates are effective Fall 2020.
Questions about Space Rental?
Theater & Performing Arts
Actors Conservatory at LPC
Follow us on Social Media: