- Administrative Services Home
- Bulletin Board
- Staff Directory
- Grant Process
- Payroll, HR, and Hiring
- Employee Handbook
- Facilities Requests and Rentals
- Secure Shredding
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Student Insurance
- CARES Act Institutional Aid Reporting
- Child Development Center
- Information Technology
- Campus Safety
Professional Services (Non-Contract for Services)
Per Assembly Bill 5, requirements for the classification of an independent contractor have changed. As such, the Contract for Services process has changed as well. If you are hiring a vendor of a larger business (as opposed to an Independent Contractor), you may follow the Professional Services process below instead of the Contract for Services process.
On the Requisition Request Form: enter a brief description of the service to be performed, a quantity of 1, and the total cost of the service under the unit price.
Provided backup: a Scope of Work or similar agreement that outlines the cost and work to be performed.
Professional Services Process
Flowchart: Professional Services
- Complete a Requisition Request Form to establish an Open PO. On the Requisition, be sure to include a description of
the work to be performed by the vendor. PO's should be established for a rounded,
whole amount. Round-up based on the estimated cost provided by the vendor.
- A Scope of Work should be included with the Requisition. A Scope of Work is a document that outlines the work that both parties agree will be performed by the vendor. Scope of Work documents will vary, and may be either provided by the vendor or created by the Requestor of the college. The Scope of Work document should include, but is not limited to, the following: (1) the names of both the vendor and the college, (2) an outline of the work to be performed by the vendor, (3) the overall cost of the work to be performed, (4) a general timeline of the work to be completed, and (5) the approval signatures of both the vendor and the Requestor.
- Submit your Requisition, with Scope of Work attached, to your department Administrative or Executive Assistant for review.
- Requests under $1,000 require one Administrator approval. Requests of $1,000 or more require Vice President approval.
- Once final approval has been obtained, the Business Office will enter the Requisition into Banner. You will receive an automated email notice when your requisition request is fully approved that contains a link to your completed form.
- The Business Office will forward the Requisition to the District Purchasing Office for a PO. You should receive a copy of this PO, via email, by Purchasing.
- Once the work has been performed and completed, contact the vendor to obtain a final invoice. Write "ok to pay," sign the invoice, date it, and include the PO number established by the District Purchasing Office. Invoices should only be signed and submitted for payment after all work has been completed as agreed upon.
- Submit the signed invoice to the Business Office for processing.
For more information please contact:
Administrative Services Technician
Administrative Services Officer