Degrees & Certificates
- Automotive Technology Home
- Virtual Tour
- Getting Started
- Guided Pathway
- Automotive Degrees and Certificates
- Automotive Classes
- Our Faculty
- Test Your Knowledge!
- Automotive Articulation
- The Job Market
- Where Our Students Work
- Career Exploration
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
- Women in Automotive Technology
- Transfer and Transfer Opportunities
- Smog Referee
- Industry Credentials
- Service Information
- Social Media
- Industry Links
- Career Education
- Student Handbook
- Automotive Program FAQ's
- View this Site in Spanish
Automotive Smog Certificate of Completion
Effective Fall 2020
About the Certificate
The Automotive Smog Certificate of Completion will provide the skills necessary for
students to qualify as trained entry-level
technicians, as well as for career advancement. This program focuses on the rules and regulations of the California Smog Program and will prepare student to gain their California Smog licenses. This programs focus is on the diagnosis and repair of smog controlled vehicles in California. Students work side-by-side and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
Career opportunities include Teaching, Automotive Technician, Automotive Parts Personnel, Automotive Management, Shop Owners, and Automotive Performance Personnel
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Smog, students are able to apply and take the California Smog test.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Smog, students are able to diagnose emission issues.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Smog, students are able to diagnose engine mechanical issues.
|NAUT INTR (Automotive Service and Introduction)||144|
|NAUT L1L2 (Smog Level One and Level Two)||117|
|NAUT SDR Specified Diagnostic and Repair||126|