Welcome to the Las Positas Tutorial Center
in the the Study, Tutoring, and Reading Room (STaRR)
The Las Positas College Tutorial Center
Located on the LPC Campus in the Multi-Disciplinary Building (MDB), room 2401
- Tutoring (drop-in and scheduled)
- Reading &Writing Center (RAW)
- Relaxed Study
- Study group rooms
The LPC Tutorial Program is dedicated to students' educational success by providing quality learning support relevant to their individual needs. We seek to provide services that will help students become independent learners and function successfully in an academic environment. We strive to create a positive and encouraging atmosphere for all students who use our services.
In order to receive FREE tutoring through the Tutorial Program,
you must be an LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
Get ready...Prep2Pass is coming!
This popular end-of-the-semester tutoring event is sponsored by the LPC Tutorial Center and ASLPC.
STaRR will be open until 10:30 at night on December 11-12, 2013
There will be food & drinks and tutors available to help you prepare for finals.
What are the two ways to register for tutoring?
- Fill out the "Request Form" on campus at the Tutorial Center (MDB 2401) or
- Fill out the request form on this website and send it to us.
- If you want drop-in tutoring--check the list on this website and come in. No registration needed ahead of time.
Asynchronous Online math and writing tutoring
Please go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/onlinelearning/tutoring.php to submit your questions or papers.
How do I get reading & writing help--in person and online?
- Bring your papers to the RAW Center (Reading & Writing Center) MDB 2401
- Sign in on the computer at the desk
- Sign your name on the RAW Center door (2401D)
- Wait for your name to be called.
- Each student is allowed 20 minutes per session to work with instructors.
- OR submit a paper online at firstname.lastname@example.org
We were honored to win the "What's Right at LPC" award in April 2012.
Last updated: November 5, 2013