Welcome to the Las Positas Tutorial Center
in the the Study, Tutoring, and Reading Room (STaRR)
The Las Positas College Tutorial Center
Located on the LPC Campus in the Multi-Disciplinary Building (MDB), room 2401
- Tutoring (drop-in and scheduled)
- Reading &Writing Center
- Relaxed Study
- Study group rooms
The LPC Tutorial Program is dedicated to students' educational success by providing quality learning support relevant to their individual needs. We seek to provide services that will help students become independent learners and function successfully in an academic environment. We strive to create a positive and encouraging atmosphere for all students who use our services.
In order to receive FREE tutoring through the Tutorial Program,
you must be an LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
Important Notes for the Closing of Spring Semester 2013
- Prep2Pass -- Finals preparation tutoring and study event -- Tuesday, May 21 & Wednesday, May 22 from 6:00-10:30 in the Tutorial Center 2401
- The last day of scheduled and drop-in tutoring is the last day of classes, May 23rd.
- Campus will be closed May 27th for Memorial Day.
- The Reading & Writing Center (RAW) will be open on Tuesday and Wednesday of finals week, May 28-29.
- The Study, Tutoring and Reading Room (STaRR) 2401 will be open for study from 9-5on May 28-29.
Tutor Registration is closed for Spring 2013--use drop-in tutoring.
For Fall Semester starting August 19, 2013:
What are the two ways to register for tutoring?
- Fill out the "Request Form" on campus at the Tutorial Center (MDB 2401) or
- Fill out the request form on this website and send it to us.
- If you want drop-in tutoring--check the list on this website and come in. No registration needed ahead of time.
How do I get on-line tutoring?
On-line math tutoring is available
Spring 2013 days and times: Monday, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Math 20, 38, 42A, 42B, 44, 45, 55, 55A, 55B, 55X, 55Y, 65, 65A, 65B, 65X, 65Y, 107, 107X, and 107Y.
Have a math question? Email the math tutor: LPCTutoring@laspositascollege.edu.
Be sure to include your first and last name and your W number, along with the name and section number of your class.
On-line English and writing tutoring is available
Spring 2013 days and time: Monday 2:30-4:30 p.m.
for multi-disciplinary papers and help in 1A, 4, 7
Click here to get your session scheduled and learn more:
- Go on-line at the appointed time to meet with the tutor
How do I get reading & writing help?
- Bring your papers to the RAW Center (Reading & Writing Center) MDB 2401
- Sign in on the computer at the desk
- Sign your name on the RAW Center door (2401D)
- Wait for your name to be called.
- Each student is allowed 20 minutes per session to work with instructors.
Last updated: May 16, 2013