Information for Tutors
- Homework assignments for new tutors due as listed on syllabus. Do not be late in turning your work in.
- Please note the change in Handbook Summary assignment: The information is on pages 109-110 in the handbook (not 108a as listed) You may also get a separate summary sheet from Pauline.
- The first Tutor Lingo certificate is due on September 19th.
- September 19th class information: A math and an English instructor will be here from 12-12:45 to give sessions on subject specific tutoring. You are required to be at these sessions. The science specific session will be held the next Friday, September 16 from 11-11:45 in here.
- Remember to fill out your blue sheets EACH SESSION and turn it in on your last tutoring day of the week
- Remember to do your instructor interviews and speak to a class about tutoring.
- International Tutor Appreciation week is the first full week in October. Join us at our pizza party on Wednesday, October 8 starting at 11:30 a.m.
- If you know people you think would make good tutors, please have them come in and sign the potential tutor list as soon as possible.
- There will be no tutoring during Thanksgiving week (Monday & Tuesday). School will be closed November 26-28th.
- It is important to check your file daily.
- If you wish to have a room, please pick up a room request form (with blue sheets). Fill out time and date and the staff will get it on the sheet for you. Do not remove the sheet from the protector and sign it yourself.
- Turn in all student assignment sheets with the word dropped if they are no longer seeing you.
- Turn in blue sheets weekly with your tutoring hours for records.
- White board pens are available to rent for the semester. Give $3 to Pauline or Cheri, get a refillable white board marker to use for the semester. Return it in May and receive your money back. Free refills.
- There is a candy jar in the bottom tutor file drawer for your enjoyment.
- Reference textbooks are available in room B for tutors to borrow for use in the Center only. Please place back on shelves neatly.
- Check the tutorial page often for information and updates.
- If you are paid for tutoring, pick up your paycheck on the last work day of each month in Building 1600 (the SSA building). (ID required)
ONCE AGAIN: It is important to check your files daily so that you do not miss assignment sheets for your students. Please call your students the day you get the assignment and start as soon as possible.
We are trying to schedule rooms but please note that math and science tutors will be scheduled first since they often use the white boards. If you have not been assigned a room, you may sign in on the door of the room. We encourage those who do not use white boards to tutor at the tables or couches in the main room. There is a double sided white board near the tables in the main room. Please feel free to use them during a tutoring session.
Please ask your student to take the online survey. Have all your students fill out the survey.
A Blog just for tutors is now available!
Check it out and post on it. This will be an encouraging and helpful location for tutors