How to become a tutor
If you would like to volunteer or work as a tutor, stop by the Tutorial Center and pick up and fill out an application. We typically hire 20-30 tutors at the end of every semester for a variety of subjects.
Information for Tutors
- If you wish to have a room, please write your name on the sheet by the door.
- Turn in blue sheets (timesheets) with your tutoring hours for records if you are being paid.
- White board pens are available for tutors and students from Cheri or Jin.
- Reference textbooks are available in Cheri's office for tutors to borrow for use in the Center only. Sign your name on the check out sheet and it will be placed in the textbook loan notebook. A staff person will assist you in check out and return. Please do not check them out yourselves.
- If you are paid for tutoring, pick up your paycheck on the last work day of each month in Building 1600 at the reception desk. (ID required)
For more information please contact:
Tutorial Center: Room 2401
To receive free tutoring, you must be a current LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
Drop-in tutoring: tinyurl.com/lpcdropin
- Scheduled tutoring: http://laspositas.go-redrock.com
- Online tutoring: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/onlinelearning/nettutor_faqs.php
- Quiet rooms for studying