Information for Tutors
- March 22 (10 a.m.) March 23 (1:30 p.m.) March 25 (12 p.m.) Important meeting for all tutors.
- March 28-April 1 Spring Break
- April 8 -- Tutr 17B/C class
- April 21 -- Tutor Appreciation Nacho Day from noon-4.
- April 27 -- Majors Faire Tutor Table led by Tutr 17B/C students.
- May 13 -- ALL ASSIGNMENTS/LABS MUST BE IN. Final class for Tutr 17A, B & C.
- May 17-18 -- Prep2Pass -- 6:00-10:30 p.m.
- May 20 -- Last day of tutoring. All blue sheets and tutor logs due.
- May 27 -- Commencement at 6 p.m.
- It is important to check your file daily.
- If you wish to have a room, please write your name on the sheet by the door. Please be careful not to break the plastic protector.
- You must have all your assignments for Tutr 17A, B, C up to date and turned in after Spring Break on Tuesday, May 3
- Turn in Tutr 17A/B assignments in the appropriate tray under the new Tutor Files. Blue/yellow sheets should be placed in the white tray.
- Turn in blue sheets weekly with your tutoring hours for records if you are being paid. Volunteers fill out a yellow sheet.
- White board pens are available for tutors and students from Cheri or Pauline
- There is a candy jar in the workroom for your enjoyment.
- Reference textbooks are available in the workroom for tutors to borrow for use in the Center only. Sign your name and check it back in when it is returned. Please place back on shelves neatly.
- Check the tutorial page often for information and updates.
- If you are paid for tutoring, pick up your paycheck on the last work day of each month in Building 1600 (the SSA building). (ID required)
ONCE AGAIN: It is important to check your files daily so that you do not miss assignment sheets for your students. Please call your students the day you get the assignment and start as soon as possible.
We are trying to schedule rooms but please note that math and science tutors will be scheduled first since they often use the white boards. If you have not been assigned a room, you may sign in on the door of the room. We encourage those who do not use white boards to tutor at the tables or couches in the main room. There is a double sided white board near the tables in the main room. Please feel free to use them during a tutoring session.
A Blog just for tutors is now available!
Check it out and post on it. This will be an encouraging and helpful location for tutors