Information for Tutors
- To continue tutoring this semester, all schedules must be in by Friday, August 28th
- All tutors must be registered for either Tutoring Theory and Practice I (17A) or Tutoring Theory and Practice II (17B)
- Please pick up your assignment cards each day and call your students the day you get the assignment.
- Please reuse your business card page protector for assignment cards.
- If you are a new tutor and need a page protector, please see Pauline or Cheri.
- It is important to check your file daily.
- If you wish to have a room, please write your name on the sheet by the door. Please be careful not to break the plastic protector.
- Turn in all student assignment cards with the reason students dropped on back (dropped tutoring, dropped class, no longer needs tutor) if they are no longer seeing you.
- Turn in Tutr 17A/B assignments in the appropriate tray under the new Tutor Files. Blue/yellow sheets should be placed in the white tray.
- Turn in blue sheets weekly with your tutoring hours for records if you are being paid. Volunteers fill out a yellow sheet.
- White board pens are available for tutors and students for $1 from Cheri or Pauline
- There is a candy jar in the workroom for your enjoyment.
- Reference textbooks are available in the workroom for tutors to borrow for use in the Center only. Please place back on shelves neatly.
- Check the tutorial page often for information and updates.
- If you are paid for tutoring, pick up your paycheck on the last work day of each month in Building 1600 (the SSA building). (ID required)
ONCE AGAIN: It is important to check your files daily so that you do not miss assignment sheets for your students. Please call your students the day you get the assignment and start as soon as possible.
We are trying to schedule rooms but please note that math and science tutors will be scheduled first since they often use the white boards. If you have not been assigned a room, you may sign in on the door of the room. We encourage those who do not use white boards to tutor at the tables or couches in the main room. There is a double sided white board near the tables in the main room. Please feel free to use them during a tutoring session.
A Blog just for tutors is now available!
Check it out and post on it. This will be an encouraging and helpful location for tutors