Information for Tutors
- April 25 -- Tutor Appreciation Lunch from noon to 2 p.m.
- If you will be volunteering for Fall semester, see Pauline before registering for Tutr 17.
- May 15 -- Root Beer Float Day! Stop in for floats before tutoring
- May 21-22 -- Prep2Pass, finals tutoring event from 6-10:30 p.m.
- May 23rd --Last day of tutoring. Make sure all blue sheets are turned in to Cheri.
- May 23rd--Please turn in your refillable pens and get your money back.
- Check your file daily.
- Turn in blue sheets weekly with your tutoring hours for records.
- White board pens are available to rent for the semester. Give $3 to Pauline or Cheri, get a refillable white board marker to use for the semester. Return it in May and receive your money back. Free refills.
- There is a candy jar in the middle tutor file drawer for your enjoyment.
- Reference textbooks are available in room B for tutors to borrow for use in the Center only. Please place back on shelves neatly.
- Check the tutorial page often for information and updates.
- If you are paid for tutoring, pick up your paycheck on the last work day of each month in Building 100. (ID required)
It is important to check your files daily so that you do not miss assignment sheets for your students. Please call your students the day you get the assignment and start as soon as possible.
We are trying to schedule rooms but please note that math and science tutors will be scheduled first since they often use the white boards. If you have not been assigned a room, you may sign in on the door of the room. We encourage those who do not use white boards to tutor at the tables or couches in the main room.
A Blog just for tutors is now available!
Check it out and post on it. This will be an encouraging and helpful location for tutors
Important Tutor Training Information
1. The Tutor Training Class (Tutr 29) will meets on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
2. Read the LPC Tutor Handbook. Answer the questions on the guided study sheet found on page 108b in the Handbook.
You will not receive credit for the Tutor Training class or be able to continue tutoring unless all the assignments are completed by the above dates. See Pauline if you have questions.
- http://www.smccd.net/accounts/perezf/tap/TutorTutor/welcome.html "Tutor Tutor" is an independent training course developed by LPC and revised by Skyline College.
- http://resources.jjay.cuny.edu/erc/tutoring/index.php is an excellent resource and guide for ESL tutors.
- CASAA Resources (Canadian Association of Student Activity Advisors) provides helpful tutoring tips for beginning tutors as well as experienced tutors. If you are a new tutor, please make sure to read this excellent information.