Tutoring Center Overview
The Tutoring Center provides free online academic support for a wide variety of subjects. Whether you're doing your homework or studying for an exam, we are here to support you. Online tutoring is first-come first-served. Details are as follows.
How To Get Tutoring
- Use Firefox as your web browser. Unfortunately Google Chrome occasionally has connectivity issues
with our tutoring platform.
- Click on the "LPC Tutoring" link on the left-hand menu of Canvas.
- Find and click on your subject.
- Enter a "One-On-One Live Room" to find a tutor.
- View our tutor drop-in schedules below. Please check schedules each week as they
are subject to change.
- Reading and Writing (RAW) Center
- Early Childhood Development
- Computer Science
- Computer Information Systems
- English as a Second Language
- Political Science
- Art History
- Register for NTUT 200 (CRN 32486) on CLASSWeb. NTUT 200
- is free,
- is ungraded,
- does not show up on your official transcript,
- allows the college to raise funds for programs like the Tutoring Center.
- Note: You can register for NTUT 200 anytime, even after the add deadline! The NTUT 200 Canvas shell also has updated information on all academic support options at Las Positas including the RAW Center, Smartshops, and Math Concurrent support classes.
- Watch How to access drop-in tutoring (00:51) and What to expect in a drop-in tutoring session (01:58) for clarification.
4 more ways to get support
We want all Las Positas students to have multiple ways to get support. If you have any questions about how to get tutoring, you can:
- stop by our virutal front desk by clicking the LPC Tutoring/RAW link on the left-hand menu of Canvas. Our front desk schedule will be updated weekly.
- text/call (925) 315 - 9311
- email email@example.com
- Sign up for NTUT 200 (CRN 32486) on CLASSWeb to get announcements on all updates to the Tutoring Center.
For more information please contact:
Tutoring Center: Room 2401
Call or text (925) 315-9311
Virtual Front Desk
Click on the LPC Tutoring/RAW link on the left-hand menu of Canvas to access our front desk. Online front desk hours can be found on our schedule.
To receive free tutoring, you must be a current LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance. On CLASSWeb, please sign up for
- NTUT 200 (CRN 32486), NTUT is
- non credit,
- ungraded, and
- it doesn't even show up on your official transcript