Degrees & Certificates
- Automotive Technology Home
- Getting Started
- Guided Pathway
- Automotive Degrees and Certificates
- Automotive Classes
- Our Faculty
- Subaru Tuition & Tool Reimbursement
- Test Your Knowledge!
- Automotive Articulation
- The Job Market
- Where Our Students Work
- Career Exploration
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
- Women in Automotive Technology
- Transfer and Transfer Opportunities
- Smog Referee
- Industry Credentials
- Service Information
- Social Media
- Industry Links
- Career Education
- Student Handbook
- Automotive Program FAQ's
- View this Site in Spanish
Certificate of Completion - Noncredit
About the Program
The Automotive Technology Department at Las Positas College offers tuition-free, non-credit courses and two certificate programs designed to provide students with the skills needed to secure employment and/or workplace advancement in the industry. Students in the Las Positas Noncredit Automotive Technology program work side by side and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
About the Certificate
The Automotive Basic Certificate of Completion can provide the skills necessary for students to qualify as entry-level technicians. This program focuses on basics of the automobile. Students work side-byside and hands-on with industry professionals in a fully equipped and up-to-date facility.
Career opportunities include, Introductory Automotive Technician, and Automotive Parts Personnel.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Basic, students are able to diagnose basic engine mechanical issues.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Basic, students are able to measure engine components and compare to specifications.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Basic, students are
able to tear down, inspect and reassemble engines.
|NAUT INTR (Automotive Service and Introduction)||144|
|NAUT LABA (Automotive Lab)||108|
|NAUT LABB (Automotive Lab Advanced)||108|
Updated: July 2022