Degrees & Certificates
- Computer Science (CS)
- CodeJam 2021
- A.S. Degree Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence Certificate
- Computer Programming Certificate
- Computer Programming for the Web Certificate
- Management Information Systems Certificate
- Red Hat Administration Certificate
- Job Market
- Transfer Opportunities
- Computer Studies
- Career Education
Computer Programming for the Web
Certificate of Achievement
About the Program
Las Positas College offers Degrees and Certificate programs in Computer Science that prepare students for direct job entry and/ or preparation for transfer to a four-year university. These programs cover a wide range of computer related professions that include programming, systems analysis, data processing, computer research and data management. Students will learn to direct computer operations by writing detailed instructions in computer languages to solve a variety of problems in business, government, and science. These include information acquisition, processing storage, and transmission, using computers and computer peripherals.
Principal areas of study within computer science include computer systems and networks; database systems; human factors; numerical analysis; programming languages; software engineering and theory of computing.
About the Certificate
The Las Positas Computer Science and Computer Information Systems programs offers courses that lead to a Certificate of Achievement in Computer Programming for the Web. The certificate prepares students for direct job entry into areas such as Web development, Mobile application development, Systems Analysis of Web solutions, SQL/PHP programming and database programming for the Web. This program will even prepare students for many of the changes in internet programming technologies as they emerge assuring a well prepared graduate for the market place.
Static and Dynamic Web Page Developer, PHP Developer for the web, Web based database developer.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Computer Programming for the Web, students are able to direct computer operations by writing detailed instructions in computer languages.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Computer Programming for the Web, students are able to implement interactive web pages using high level programming language instructions to implement specific information internet-based solutions.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Achievement in Computer Programming for the
Web, students are able to professionally demonstrate the application of their web
development skills in the development of their solution to solve a specific internet-based
|CIS 60 Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS 92 Web: PHP Programming, MySQL||3|
|CS 7 Introduction to Computer Programming Concepts||3|
|CS 43 Professional Communications||3|
|CS 47 Capstone Project||3|
|CS 16 Mobile Application Development - iPhone||3|
|CS 18 Mobile Application Development - Android||3|
|CS 31 Java Programming||4|
|CS 45 Database Programming||4|
Updated: July 2022