Degrees & Certificates
- Horticulture Home
- Getting Started
- Horticulture AS
- Landscape Design Certificate
- Landscape Maintenance & Construction Certificate
- Nursery, Greenhouse & Grower Operations Certificate
- Ornamental Horticulture Certificate
- Career Opportunities
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Gainful Employment
- Advisory Board
Certificate of Completion - Noncredit
About the Program (Noncredit)
The Horticulture Department at Las Positas College offers short-term, tuition-free, noncredit courses and a skills program designed to provide students both educational and vocational opportunities. A certificate will not only validate participation in the program, but it will also enhance the opportunities to secure gainful entry-level employment. The program is open to all and specifically designed for students that have difficulty in a traditional classroom setting.
About the Certificate
This Horticulture program is a short-term (typically one year) noncredit program. It is a career technical education program designed to prepare students for work in entry level horticultural fields, such as nursery, garden center, or landscape maintenance employment. The program will also aid students in preparing for college level courses in Horticulture.
Employment opportunities include working in fields related to retail nurseries and garden centers, wholesale nurseries or plant growers, landscape maintenance with either landscape contractors or various public agencies, interior plantscaping and plant rentals, and urban agriculture.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Horticulture, students are able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the field of horticulture and possible career opportunities.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Horticulture, students are able to identify plants and be able to select their proper care and maintenance.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Horticulture, students are able to demonstrate an understanding of the maintenance requirements for trees, vines, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and turf.
- Upon completion of the Certificate of Completion in Horticulture, students are able
to demonstrate an understanding of propagation of plants by seed and vegetative cuttings.
|NHRT 201 Fundamentals of Horticulture||32|
|NHRT 202 Landscape and Garden Maintenance||32|
|NHRT 203 Nursery and Garden Center Practices||32|
|NHRT 204 Landscape and Garden Planning||32|
Updated: July 2022