High Tech Center
"Room 1615C in the New Student Services Building"
- Open Lab Hours
- Assistive Technology
- High Tech Center Rules
- Overcoming Test Anxiety: Suggestions offered by the Study Guides and Strategies Webpage
- Assistive Technology Videos
- CSUEB "From Where I Sit" Video Series
- Adults with LD: Success Stories
- Study Strategies for Learning Disabled and Non-Learning Disabled Students
- Study Guides and Strategies-Welcome Page
- Homework and Study Skills
- Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity
- 1 in 5 American children has trouble reading, but they are not stupid or lazy.
- Apps to Help Students with Dyslexia and Reading Difficulties
- Apps for Students with LD or Non-LD Challenges: Organization and Study
Alternate Media Specialist/Coordinator: Karen Zeigler
For AssistiveTechnology Summer Tutoring, please email or schedule an appointment (24 hours requested).
( June 2 - August 7, 2014 )
- Monday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Friday: Closed
* Hours are subject to change without prior notice.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Windows Screen Magnifier
- Windows Voice Recognition
- Kurzweil 3000
- Smartpen-Livescribe (2 hour checkout, LRC)
- UbiDuo Deaf Communication Devices
- Braille Printer
- Enlarged Computer Screens
- Typing Tutorial Programs
- Talking Typer
- Please sign in and out when you enter and leave the High Tech Center.
- If you miss two consecutive appointments you will loose your scheduled time.
- No software may be removed from the center at any time!!!
- You may not copy any programs in the High Tech Center.
- Do not install any software on the computer.
- Do not download anything to the computer hard drive. Files will be deleted on a regular basis.
- The High Tech Center will remain open only when instructional supervision is present.
- Please treat the software and equipment with respect. We plan on using it for a long time.
- Ask the staff for help when equipment (including printer) is not working properly. Do not attempt to make repairs.
- When in doubt, ask for help. We are here to help you.