High Tech Center
"Room 1615C in the New Student Services Building"
- Open Lab Hours
- Assistive Technology
- High Tech Center Rules
- Assistive Technology Videos
- Dr. Carol Dweck's Growth Mindset Research_video
- Dr. Jonathan Mooney's Presentation on Reframing Societies Mindset on Accessible Learning ( video )
- CSUEB "From Where I Sit" Video Series
- Adults with LD: Success Stories
- Study Strategies for Learning Disabled and Non-Learning Disabled Students
- Study Guides and Strategies-Welcome Page
- Homework and Study Skills
- The Gift of being a Dyslexic Teacher
- Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity
- 1 in 5 American children has trouble reading, but they are not stupid or lazy.
- Apps to Help Students with Dyslexia and Reading Difficulties
- Apps for Students with LD or Non-LD Challenges: Organization and Study
- This is from the University Washington's Universal Design of Instruction:DO-IT_
for_Faculty_Staff_and_Students_working_together on Academic Accommodations for
students with Learning Disabilities
Alternate Media Specialist/Coordinator of the Alternate Media Center: Karen Zeigler
Summer 2015 Office hours ( on campus )
- Mon - Thu, 7-3:30 pm ( and by Appointments by email or phone)
- Fri DRC Office is Closed and LPC Campus is Closed
For AssistiveTechnology Summer Tutoring, please email or schedule an appointment (24 hours requested).
( August 17 - December 11, 2015)
- Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 12:45 pm
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Windows Screen Magnifier
- Windows Voice Recognition
- Kurzweil 3000
- UbiDuo Deaf Communication Devices
- Braille Printer
- Enlarged Computer Screens
- Typing Tutorial Programs
- Talking Typer
- Please sign in and out when you enter and leave the High Tech Center.
- If you miss two consecutive appointments you will loose your scheduled time.
- No software may be removed from the center at any time!!!
- You may not copy any programs in the High Tech Center.
- Do not install any software on the computer.
- Do not download anything to the computer hard drive. Files will be deleted on a regular basis.
- The High Tech Center will remain open only when instructional supervision is present.
- Please treat the software and equipment with respect. We plan on using it for a long time.
- Ask the staff for help when equipment (including printer) is not working properly. Do not attempt to make repairs.
- When in doubt, ask for help. We are here to help you.